- This event has passed.
Webinar: This Year’s Supply Chain Bottlenecks and Obstacles – How to Prepare Your Supply Chain for 2021
January 21 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Demand and supply in transportation markets have been disrupted in unpredictable ways, exposing vulnerable bottlenecks in the supply chain. In 2020, we saw a series of rolling supply chain crises from coastal China to container terminals, intermodal spurs, and increased trucking rates.
While 2020 has come to an end, supply chains continue to focus their attention to the fragility of these important nodes and the cascading service failures that can occur when they become congested or inefficient. In this webinar, experts from project44 and FreightWaves will explore problem areas and provide insight to help shippers and logistics service providers put contingency plans in motion.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- • Challenges around international shipments, such as port congestion and air freight capacity constraints
- • Deteriorating intermodal service and how it might impact your shipments
- • Over the road trends, including facility efficiency and dwell times in CPG and retail networks, truckload carrier on-time rates, and how LTL carriers handled volatility in automotive demand
- • Manual processes at and between nodes and why automation will be more than just a buzzword in 2021
- • Christian Pillar, VP of Value Engineering at project44
- • Rob Garrison, Founder and CEO of Mercado Labs
- • John Paul Hampstead, Director of Passport Research, FreightWaves