We're super stoked to launch Freight 2025: Forecasting The Future, our new book sponsored by LaunchIt Public Relations. Canadian Pacific Teamsters settle their strike and Brazilian owner-operators shut down the highways. JP and Chad talk about all this and more in this week's episode.
JP and Chad pop the top on a couple of fresh brews. JP sticks with the same ol' Bell’s Two-Hearted and Chad branch's out to a somewhat unseasonable Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout.
Then, they briefly take on the headlines of the week:
- Announcing the release of FreightWaves’ inaugural book publication, Freight 2025: Forecasting the Future
- Canadian Pacific Teamsters settle strike
- Brazilian owner-operators shut down the highways
Followed by a rousing round of Big Deal Little Deal:
- What to expect in fuel as prices surge over 30% from last year
- Fed survey highlights strengthening manufacturing, labor shortages
- Michelin commits to a sustainable, fully recyclable world of tires
- Shippo introduces new workflow that uses machine learning to make shipping easier
- Goods trade deficit narrows again as both exports and imports fall
- Is the F-150 production shutdown visible in freight market data?
Finally, they cap off this week's episode with an interview with Susan Fall, president and CEO of LaunchIt PR and sponsor of Freight2025.
About the show:
What the Truck?!? is FreightWaves' irreverent new podcast breaking down the biggest stories in transportation and logistics. Join FreightWaves writers John Paul Hampstead and Chad Prevost on Friday afternoons as we discuss all things freight.