Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- What the Chuck?!? How Shopify-backed robots from 6 River Systems are changing e-commerce
- Dooner and The Dude talk about how 6 River Systems’ acquisition by Shopify is advancing end-to-end e-commerce automation solutions. They also discuss the power of digitization and network for freight during COVID, the state of trucking from a driver’s perspective, and they play it forward with a country music and trucking sensation.
- Plus, Nikola earnings, OOIDA’s play for detention pay, trucking job increases, top trucking songs, whether Mulan will be the next “Trolls: World Tour” and more.
- This episode features Greg Walls, director of sales at 6 River Systems; Ryan Schreiber, director of engagement at CarrierDirect; Taylor Barker, owner-operator at Heniff Transportation; and Adam Robinson, vice president of product marketing, SONAR.
- Florida man hangs on hood of rig
- Dooner and The Dude talk about a shocking incident in Florida, where a man is caught on camera clinging to the hood of an ABF truck. They also discuss how LTL freight works, XPO’s digital and diversity initiatives, and this week in news.
- This episode features Lou Amo, president, Freight Brokerage and Expedite at XPO; Jill Clifford, president at Aborn & Co.; and Jeff Boswell, recruiter at Universal Capacity Solutions at Universal Logistics Holdings Inc.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market as we dive deeper into where rates and volumes will be headed.
- Emily Szink rounds us out with this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning soaring freight volumes, FreightWaves’ partnership with EKA, Lord & Taylor, Oreos, and the fate of sports this fall.
Midday Market Update
- Are drivers staying out of the market to collect unemployment?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Sherman Barnes II, head of sales and marketing at Trio Trucking Inc.; Nate Robert, co-founder at Baton; and FreightWaves market experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
- Is air cargo staging a COVID comeback?
- This episode features Richard Sharpe, CEO at Competitive Insights; Eric Kulisch, air cargo editor at FreightWaves; and Anthony Smith, lead economist at FreightWaves.
Put That Coffee Down
- You got the account, now what?
- Landing an account is half the battle in sales. How long you keep that account is where the true value is.
On The Spot
- The sustainability of the truckload volume rally
- Zach Strickland and JP Hampstead discuss the increase in tender rejections.
- Loan forgiveness is the next big step as PPP moves toward its completion
- The last day to apply for funding under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) was Saturday. But that’s when things will get busy for people like Michael Rofman.
- He’s a partner and leader of the New Jersey Transportation & Logistics practice at the national accounting firm of Mazars USA. Michael has been working with clients for months now who have received money or tried to get money through the PPP.
- Join Drilling Deep host John Kingston as Rofman talks about how he views the success of the PPP and what the forgiveness process might be like. Rofman discusses that process, which is expected to kick off next week.
- Kingston will talk about the announcement that two U.S. refineries will close, which is an infrequent event. How is this going to impact the supply of diesel?
- FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”