Last updated: January 11, 2022
Accessing the Web Sites and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend these Web Sites, and any service or material we provide on the Web Sites, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Web Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Web Sites, or the entire Web Sites, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Web Sites.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to these Web Sites or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Web Sites and the content, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) that we provide, are owned by FreightWaves, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes;
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications; and,
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site;
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising the Web Sites or services provided by FreightWaves;
- Interfere, damage, disrupt, disable, impair, create undue burden on, gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Freightwave’s services and intellectual property, including servers, networks and accounts;
- Delete or revise information provided by or pertaining to other users without legal consent;
- Use systems and/or technology that collect and disseminate usernames, passwords, email addresses, or other data from FreightWaves or that circumvent or modify security technology and software used by FreightWaves; and,
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit an image, video, or content of another person(s) without the person(s) consent;
The Company name, images, and intellectual property, including without limitation FreightWaves, Freight Waves, Firecrown Virtual Media, Firecrow, Freight.Tech, BITA, SONAR, Shipper of Choice, Blockchain In Transport Alliance, Transparency, American Shipper, Modern Shipper, Truckload Indexes, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of FreightWaves, its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of their respective owner(s).
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate FreightWaves, a FreightWaves employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing); and,
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Web Sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm FreightWaves or users of the Web Sites or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Web Sites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Web Sites or interfere with any other party’s use of the Web Sites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Web Sites;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Web Sites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Web Sites;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Web Sites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Web Sites;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Web Sites, the server on which the Web Sites is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Web Sites;
- Attack the Web Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Engage in any form of commercial activity (i.e. advertisements, solicitations of business, sweepstakes) through or using FreightWaves Web Sites without first obtaining the written consent of FreightWaves; and,
- Attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Web Sites.
The Web Sites may (or may not) contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, streams, reviews and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services“) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post“) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions“) on or through the Web Sites.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have all legal rights necessary to post User Contributions to the Web Sites.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not FreightWaves, are fully responsible for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Web Sites.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Web Sites.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Web Sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS FREIGHTWAVES FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY FREIGHTWAVES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER FREIGHTWAVES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Web Sites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
FreightWaves respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires users to do the same. Company has a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers, users, account holders and access rights to those using the Web Sites. Company reserves the right to remove or disable access to any transmissions and content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of another and upon receipt of a notice that substantially complies with the requirements of 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3).
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
All comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions that you disclose, submit, or offer to us in connection with your use of the Web Sites or the Services (collectively, “Comments”) will become our exclusive property. Such disclosure, submission, or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to us of all worldwide right, title, and interest in all patent, copyright, trademark, and all other intellectual property and other rights whatsoever in and to the Comments and a waiver of any claim based on moral rights, unfair competition, breach of implied contract, breach of confidentiality, and any other legal theory. You will, at our cost, execute any documents to effect, record, or perfect such assignment. Thus, we will own exclusively all such right, title, and interest and shall not be limited in any way in the use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. You should not submit any Comments to us if you do not wish to assign such rights to us. We are and will be under no obligation: (i) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (ii) to pay to you or any third party any compensation for any Comments; or (iii) to respond to any Comments. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make.
Reliance on Information Posted
The Web Sites may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by FreightWaves, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FreightWaves. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Linking to the Web Sites and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
The Web Sites may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on these Web Sites.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on these Web Sites.
- Cause limited portions of content on these Web Sites to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Web Sites or portions of them to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Web Sites other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Web Sites
If the Web Sites contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to these Web Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Web Sites is based in the state of Tennessee in the United States. We make no claims that the Web Sites or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. The Web Sites may not be accessed by individuals whose nationality is that of countries that are subject to a United States trade embargo. By using the Web Sites, you represent and warrant to FreightWaves that you are not in one of the embargoed countries. You also represent and warrant that you are not otherwise barred by law to access the Web Sites. If you access the Web Sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Except for and subject to any warranties expressly stated by FreightWaves in any other documentation or agreement that applies, directly or directly to you or for your benefit, this “Disclaimer of Warranties” Section shall apply. You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Web Sites will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, THEIR CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER FREIGHTWAVES NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH FREIGHTWAVES MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER FREIGHTWAVES NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH FREIGHTWAVES REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITES, THEIR CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
FREIGHTWAVES HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL FREIGHTWAVES, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and ConcernsAll other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Web Sites should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org