You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Nikola’s feud, drones and Wienermobiles
- Dooner and The Dude talk about Nikola’s battle with Bloomberg, Deuce Drone bringing you Buffalo Wild Wings, contact tracing in the supply chain and live music.
- This episode features special guests Craig Fuller, CEO and founder of FreightWaves; Robert O’Dwyer, logistics industry principal at Kronos; Randy Hudson of The Freight Broker Coach; Dylan Williams of the Walmart team at The Kraft Heinz Co.; and Rhett Ross, CEO at Deuce Drone.
- And Good News Bad News concerning construction sites, Amazon return scams, restrooms and AMC Theatres.
- Building a better fashion supply chain through tech
- Dooner and The Dude talk about freight volumes rising, Nestle’s keys to becoming a Shipper of Choice, air cargo, rethinking the fashion supply chain, and making roads safer.
- This episode features special guests Michael Leto, CEO, Emerge;
- David Braunstein, president, Together For Safer Roads; and Brian Laung Aoaeh, co-founder, REFASHIOND.
- Plus, today’s big and little deals with Emily Szink concerning Chewy, concealed carry laws, 42,000 stuck at sea, Nikola’s Nasdaq debut, “Jaws” and more.
Midday Market Update
- Is insurance ruling a ‘doomsday’ scenario for small carriers?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Bob Poulos, CEO at V3 Transportation; Brad Rollo, CEO at GoFor; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
- Viewers are encouraged to comment during broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12PM ET on FreightWaves Linkedin and Facebook, channels.
- Major layoffs strike a blow to Volvo
- This episode features Lori Ann LaRocco, senior editor of guests at CNBC; Jared Flinn, operating partner at BulkLoads.com; John Kingston, editor-at-large at FreightWaves; and Andrew Cox, market expert at FreightWaves.
Put That Coffee Down
- Targeting prospects directly with video
- Dooner and Hill talk about getting your foot in the door. Learn how to use video to target clients directly and land your first meeting with that elusive big account.
- This episode features Tyler Hildebrand, account executive at Reliable Transportation Solutions. Hildebrand excels at crafting personalized narratives that have landed him accounts as large as Kraft.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
Great Quarter, Guys
- Will Amazon face a sharp challenge from Walmart and Shopify?
- Andrew and Kevin touch on the rise of alternative data sources before diving into the recently announced partnership between Walmart and Shopify.
- As always a special thanks to our friends at CarrierDirect with their research contributions for this episode.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- Changing how payments are sent and received in the transportation industry
- FreightWaves Founder and CEO Craig Fuller spoke with TriumphPay President Jordan Graft about changing how payments are sent and received in the transportation industry.
- Diesel technology pushes back against the idea that it’s status quo
- To watch the stock of Nikola Motors, the company that has raised millions to produce a hydrogen-produced truck, you’d think that the day of the diesel engine was going to end soon.
- But that isn’t the case. Allen Schaeffer, the executive director of the Diesel Technology Forum, joins host John Kingston on the Drilling Deep podcast to talk about the work his group is doing to produce engines that are cleaner and that stay a step ahead of other technologies, powered by a significant wave of funding.
- Kingston will also talk about the other aspect of the collapse in oil prices: the drop in production and how it’s impacting that part of the trucking world that needs the U.S. to keep drilling to keep their workers employed and their vehicles on the road. And while the price of oil may be rising, a key report sees production continuing to drop well into next year.
On The Spot
- Volumes are sustained and tender rejections are increasing
- Zack Strickland and JP Hampstead discuss the spot market for this week. They talk about how volumes are sustaining and tender rejections are increasing. They also take a look at the market leading up to July Fourth weekend.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”