You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday livestreaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
Midday Market Update
- Did blank sailings hurt ocean rates, trends in final mile and Amazon’s latest deal?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill discuss the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that impact you.
- This episode features Judah Levine, research lead at Freightos Group; Steve Viscelli, fellow and lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Square roots, V’s, W’s and L’s in freight recovery
- Dooner and The Dude talk about what trucking executives have to say about economic recovery in the freight market; Nikola’s Badger vs. Tesla’s Cybertruck; building a culture through M&A; the Total Quality Logistics (TQL) class action lawsuit; and using freight media platforms responsibly.
- This episode features Mitch Luciano, president and CEO, Trailer Bridge; Lance Healey, co-founder and chief innovation officer, Banyan Technology; Nathan Lewis, owner-operator; and Joel Wituka, founder, OTR Consulting.
Put That Coffee Down
- How to find your next freight sales job
- Dooner and Kevin Hill talk all about finding your next sales role while avoiding sketchy job postings. You’ve seen them: Make a fortune from home, choose your own hours, unlimited earnings potential, this could be you. Don’t get played.
- This episode features Ryan Schreiber, director of engagement, CarrierDirect.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- How sustainable are current trucking volumes?
- Anthony and Zach discuss the booming freight market and reasons why it will or will not sustain into July as well as the implications for the new trucking insurance bill and YRC bailout.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Q2 3PL earnings: How bad can it be?
- This week Andrew holds down the fort with Director of Passport Research JP Hampstead to discuss his team’s recent research note on second-quarter broker performance. Then the two dive into Uber’s partnerships with municipalities and answer whether the upcoming Lemonade IPO will be sweet or sour.
- As always, a special thanks to our friends at CarrierDirect for their research contributions for this episode.
- Dealing with now, but getting ready for a post-COVID world
- David Roush of KSM Transport Advisors, who has a wealth of experience in the logistics sector, tackles several issues on the minds of truckers everywhere.
- Why do some companies take freight with a lousy price? What does it mean to get ready for a post-COVID-19 world? And what does capacity look like for the end of the year?
- Host John Kingston interviews Roush and also takes a look at the diesel market. Retail diesel prices have acted as if movements in the broader range of crude and products don’t matter. That may be about to end.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
- The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”