Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
FreightCasts Special Report
- Driving Diversity: Inclusion in the supply chain
- Anthony Smith and Tim Dooner talk about issues that drive the people behind our supply chains.
- This episode features Pierre Laguerre, founder and CEO at Fleeting; Sahej Singh, Business Intelligence & Strategy manager at Reliance Partners; Hope White, CEO at H.D. White Logistics; and Brent Orsuga, founder and president at Pinnacle Growth Advisors.
Midday Market Update
- How strategic metals are used in freight, trucking
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Lewis Black, CEO and president at Almonty Industries Inc.; Lori Ann LaRocco author of “Trade War: Containers Don’t Lie, Navigating the Bluster” and senior editor at CNBC business news; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Have your freight and eat it too
- Dooner and The Dude talk about scorching summer freight volumes, Redwood’s latest push to connect digital platforms, carrier/shipper pricing strategy, electric fleets, and #PlayItForward with a new trucking tune. They also wonder what the world of freight would be like were everything made of cake.
- This episode features Eric Rempel, chief innovation officer for Redwood Logistics; Curtis Garrett, VP of pricing and carrier relations, Recon Logistics; and Tim Reeser, CEO, and Julie Johnson, enterprise business development, at Lightning Systems.
- Also, Good News Bad News concerning trucker pet beauty pageants and hot vehicles.
- Special thanks to Robert Bussey for the title assist.
- AI, human trafficking and border busts
- Dooner and The Dude talk about human-trafficking-in-trucking charges, AI and the supply chain, another border bust, the price of poor insurance coverage, and Forward’s addition of LTL services.
- This episode features Scott Cornell, transportation lead and crime and theft specialist at Travelers Insurance; Chris Torrence, VP of strategic ops at Optimal Dynamics; and Dave Southworth, COO at Mauka Logistics.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market as we dive deeper into where rates and volumes headed this week.
- And, this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning XPO using data to keep workers safe, United Airlines’ deep cuts, Tesla’s big tax break, Washington’s new NFL name and more.
Put That Coffee Down
- Improv your sales calls
- Dooner and Hill talk all about the power of “yes, and-ing” your way to sales success via the art of improv.
- Find out how this off-the-dome method of acting contains many of the rules you need to think in the moment, become an active listener and gain insight into your prospects’ point of view.
- This episode features Steven Disbrow, artistic director of Improv Chattanooga.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- No vacancy
- Anthony and Zach talk about the impact of Roadcheck week on the freight market and bring on Zac Rogers to discuss the latest Logistics Managers’ Index results showing increasing transportation prices along with declining warehouse capacity, a pattern eerily similar to 2018.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Is Walmart becoming a tech company?
- Andrew, Kevin and Seth discuss Walmart+, the forthcoming Palantir IPO and department store bankruptcies. Also, Andrew introduces a new segment in an ode to Dan Le Betard and his father, “Papi.”
- Thanks as always to CarrierDirect for their research contributions.
- The first in-person industry meeting of the COVID era
- There were fewer people than usual, as well as some canceled receptions, but it looks like a whole lot of effort resulted in a successful in-person truck industry gathering without anybody getting sick.
- Ed Crowell, the president and CEO of the Georgia Motor Trucking Association, joins Drilling Deep podcast host John Kingston to talk about the steps the organization undertook to put together the group’s recent annual meeting in Florida and how it turned out.
- We’ll also be looking at how OPEC has managed to tighten the oil market, boosting the price of crude but with diesel trailing the increase. The group and its allies are declaring victory in the first-round effort to increase the price of oil.
- What do they have for round 2? Kingston will discuss oil’s future, all on Drilling Deep.
FreightWaves Morning Minute