Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Autonomous Now
- Dooner and The Dude talk about the state of autonomous trucking, Pilot Flying J’s 7th Annual Road Warrior Contest, Adam Robinson’s next freight project, Ricki Eric playing it forward, and this week in freight news and data.
- This episode features Steven Root, senior manager – loyalty, Pilot Flying J; Krystian Gebis, founder @ Autobon AI; Ricki Erik and Michelle DeFronzo, president at ImEx Cargo; and Adam Robinson, vice president, product marketing SONAR at FreightWaves.
- Also, Good News Bad News concerning venomous snakes, containers lost at sea, and marijuana border busts.
- Tesla vs. Nikola vs. Hyliion
- Dooner and The Dude have a SONAR-powered breakdown of a soaring freight market, review the expanding electric semi landscape and talk about the PPP extension.
- This episode features Thomas Healy, founder and CEO at Hyliion; Kevin Jessop, marketing manager at Cerasis; and Alan Adler, Detroit bureau chief at FreightWaves.
- Also, Emily Szink, with this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning insurance, Coca-Cola cutting reefer jobs, big gains in trucking employment, “Hamilton” on Disney+, and whether competitive eating is a sin.
Midday Market Update
- How long can PPP keep near-bankrupt carriers afloat?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Jeff D’angelo, founder at Turvo Inc.; Matt O’Leary, CEO at Motiv Power; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
- Insurance, worker safety and PPP loan tracking
- This episode features Laurance Alvarado, CEO and co-founder at WARECAP; Tyler Robertson, CEO at Diesel Laptops; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox and Zach Strickland.
Put That Coffee Down
- Building a freight business and the power of cold calling
- Dooner and Hill talk all about one woman’s journey from COVID-19-related job loss to starting her own freight business. Plus, not only can cold calling increase business for you but it can also be gamified for good. Find out how.
- This episode features Nicole Barrett, president and owner at Freight By Nicole, and Michael Neme, supply chain management consultant at GlobalTranz.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- How will resurging COVID-19 cases affect supply chains?
- Anthony and Zach talk to Chris Wolfe, CEO of PowerFleet, about how COVID-19 has impacted supply chains and what the resurgence in cases may do to inhibit their recovery.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Is it time to short Tesla, and did Uber overpay for Postmates?
- Andrew and Kevin are joined by former Great Quarter, Guys host and Senior Research Analyst Seth Holm. The original three change the pace a bit and expand their normal “long/short” segment into a full-length episode. Topics covered include whether Tesla can become the most valuable company in the world, whether Uber overpaid for Postmates and whether Ford can reignite its own flame with the Bronco re-release.
- Trucking got big money from PPP; what will be the impact?
- With the release of the identities of the biggest recipients of money under the Paycheck Protection Program, reviewing all the names of those who got funds and figuring out how this will impact the industry’s operations is now the hot topic of discussion in trucking.
- Host John Kingston sits down with FreightWaves Director of Research Kevin Hill to talk about what they found in the enormous amount of data that the Small Business Administration released to the world this past week. Will it keep capacity operating? Was the number of recipients a surprise? Which bankers got a lot of the business of servicing those loans?
- Kingston will also talk about the shutdown of a crude oil pipeline and why it’s great news for the nation’s railroads.
On The Spot
- This is not ‘normal’
- JP Hampstead and Zach Strickland sit down to talk about freight volumes and reefer in the Sun Belt.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”