Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday livestreaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Do warehouse robots dream of electric sheep?
- Dooner and The Dude talk about SVT Robotics’ warehouse integration, the good and bad of e-commerce for Amazon and USPS, TK7 Products’ push toward green initiatives, how to talk to millennials in trucking, FreightWaves’ new swag store, and what’s On The Radar in SONAR.
- Plus, Bad News/Good News concerning your next HQ, trucker sentiment and one woman’s driver’s license.
- This episode features TJ Fanning, VP of growth at SVT Robotics; Andy Hedrick, co-founder, TK7 Products Location: Oklahoma City; Aaron Dunn, director of sales and marketing at PDQ America; and Adam Robinson, VP of product marketing, SONAR, at FreightWaves.
- Solving the AI equation in trucking
- Dooner and The Dude talk about the challenges AI faces in trucking, freight’s Mount Rushmore, cargo theft, Postal Service woes, and why dock wait times may be going down even as volumes increase.
- This episode features Scott Cornell, transportation lead and crime and theft specialist, Travelers Insurance; Warren Powell, co-founder, Optimal Dynamics; and Brian Lips, owner-operator, Crete Carrier.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market as we dive deeper into rates and volumes.
- We round it out with this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning Amazon taking over Sears locations, the high cost of holiday shipping, PAM’s finances, an unhappy birthday for a former Celadon COO, what not to do in a bear attack, and more.
Midday Market Update
- Unemployment falls under 1 million claims, chassis pool debate, and HOS changes
- Kevin Hill and Andrew Cox talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Ryan Houfek, CCO at DCLI; John Gallagher, chief Washington correspondent at FreightWaves; and Market Experts Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
- What drives profitability in final mile?
- This episode features Frank Adelman, president and CEO, Transflo; Andrew Lockwood, senior manager, solutions design, Suddath Global Logistics; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
Put That Coffee Down
- Perfecting the freight sales pitch deck
- Dooner and Hill are talking all about pitch decks. Learn how to empower your PowerPoint with clean, simple, thought-provoking design and messaging. Find out why problems and their solutions are the bedrock of any great sales presentation.
- This episode features Steve Ferriera, founder and CEO at OceanAudit.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
Great Quarter, Guys
- Rockets and Uber: Which valuation is wackier?
- Andrew, Kevin and Seth talk space rockets! How big of a deal was SpaceX’s successful Starship Hop last week, and how much closer are we to commercial space travel? Then, we discuss a possible $500 million Uber Freight investment. Also, we question whether it is time for the freight bears to throw in the towel.
- As always, thanks for the special research contributions from CarrierDirect.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- Power of networked digital dispatch: SmartHop’s Guillermo Garcia
- FreightWaves CEO and Founder Craig Fuller sits down with SmartHop Co-Founder/CEO Guillermo Garcia to discuss SmartHop.
- The US Postal Service at a crossroads
- The untenable situation at the U.S. Postal Service is coming to a possible breaking point.
- It is carrying a significant amount of e-commerce traffic but other competitors want that business. It continues to lose money and has an enormous pension burden that no other entity in America has. It suddenly has an unexpected role in the presidential election. And it has a controversial new leader.
- John Kingston speaks with his colleague Mark Solomon, a longtime expert on the Postal Service, on these challenges and how the agency might confront them.
- Kingston opens the podcast by talking about the continuing lag in the diesel market, good news for any consumers of the fuel.
FreightWaves Morning Minute