Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday livestreaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Shining a light on human trafficking in trucking
- Dooner and The Dude talk with Truckers Against Trafficking as they shine a light on the human trafficking epidemic; Clinch24 talks the state of freight in Africa; Nick Roemer discusses sustainability and Optimus Prime; and Joe Spisak and Grant Guinane tell us who their ShipDaddy is as they #PlayItForward.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of why the freight bull won’t stop; truckers seek $1.8 billion from ocean carriers for alleged chassis overcharges; and Amazon cracks down on shippers.
- This episode features Kylla Lanier, deputy director at Truckers Against Trafficking; Gugulethu Hughes, chief growth officer at Clinch24; Joe Spisak and Grant Guinane of ShipDaddy; Nick Roemer, CEO at verj.id; Craig Fuller, founder and CEO at FreightWaves; and Adam Robinson, vice president of product marketing SONAR at FreightWaves.
- Driver pulse, high-dimensional AI, possums
- From the FreightWaves Carrier Summit, Dooner and The Dude are talking about democratized data, getting the pulse on drivers, high-dimensional AI — and possums.
- This episode features Glenn Jones, the global VP of products and marketing for Blume Global; Marilyn Surber, a transportation adviser with Tenstreet; and Daniel Powell, the president and CEO of Optimal Dynamics.
- Driver issues, diversity, data and more from Carrier Summit
- Dooner and The Dude cover insurance, nuclear verdicts, predictive analytics and proper data allocation. In addition, they talk about the issues that drive our people, including driver fatigue, safety, inclusion and diversity.
- This episode features Chad Eichelberger, president of Reliance Partners; Siamak Azmoudeh, VP of PLM and business development at SkyBitz; Anthony N. Petite, chief executive officer and founder of TruckPark Inc.; and Pierre Laguerre, CEO of Fleeting Pro.
- Carrier Summit pregame show
- Dooner and The Dude are talking all about FreightWaves’ virtual conference, the Carrier Summit. They’ll break down the key issues, speakers and sessions while giving you a playbook on what to expect from this industry-defining day-and-a-half event.
- Also, find out how you can register to win a Peloton, WHAT THE TRUCK?!? shirts and other prizes from FreightWaves’ newly launched swag store.
- This episode features Mitch Luciano, president/CEO at Trailer Bridge Inc.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market as we dive deeper into where rates and volumes will be headed this week.
- How long will the bull run?
- Anthony and Zach discuss the current freight market’s propensity to overachieve over the past few months and explore reasons why that will persist or crumble.
- Joining the podcast from the FreightWaves Carrier Summit is Zac Rogers, assistant professor of supply chain management at Colorado State University.
Great Quarter, Guys
- FreightWaves Carrier Summit: Should every logistics company have a last-mile strategy?
- Andrew and Kevin broadcast from the FreightWaves Carrier Summit. The two discuss final-mile strategies, recent M&A activity and story stock SPACs with Ben Gordon, managing partner at Cambridge Capital and BGSA.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- FreightWaves Carrier Summit: Digitization and the future of the supply chain
- Pervinder Johar of Blume Global joins FreightWaves’ Craig Fuller at the Carrier Summit.
On The Spot
- Imports and intermodal issues driving West Coast rates
- JP Hampstead and Zach Strickland talk about freight market conditions during the week.
- Efficiency challenges facing intermodal rail
- One of the biggest arguments for moving goods by rail in an intermodal service is that while it might be more complex and slower, efficiency gains make it competitive with trucking in certain markets.
- With diesel prices historically low, one of those advantages is eroded. FreightWaves contributor and rail economist Jim Blaze joins Drilling Deep host John Kingston on this week’s edition to discuss the conditions for the rails in general and intermodal in particular. Also on the agenda: Has the cutting of employees gone too far?
- Kingston in his opening oil segment discusses the recent closure of three U.S. oil refineries, what it means for diesel consumers and why plans at two of the plants offer some good news for those buyers.
- FreightWaves Carrier Summit: Connectivity key to reducing downtime
- When full visibility of a load is combined with predictive maintenance, downtime will drop and carrier profitability will rise, experts say.
FreightWaves Morning Minute