Visionaries from across the world of freight and beyond will delve into what the future holds for the movement of goods and people during fireside discussions at FreightWaves LIVE Chicago on Nov. 12 and 13.
Expect deep dives from industry players to help make sense of lightning-speed changes happening in sectors including freight tech, mobility, air cargo and trade — connected to the Nov. 13 Global TradeTech Forum.
Autonomous trucking, the trade wars, tracking transparency and the Amazon effect are just a few of the topics on tap. They’ll bring perspectives and insights beyond unforgettable keynote talks with executives from Transplace, Schneider and Forward Air — and what will be an unforgettable sit-down with Jordan Belfort, the former stockbroker and subject of “The Wolf of Wall Street,” and FreightWaves founder and CEO Craig Fuller.
FreightWaves LIVE Chicago fireside chats:
- David Broering, president of NFI, discusses carrier tracking transparency with FreightWaves Chief Insight Officer Dean Croke.
- Matt McLelland, innovation strategist at Covenant, talks to FreightWaves anchor and News Director Emily Szink.
- Ruthie Amaru, chief marketplace officer of Freightos speaks with FreightWaves founder and CEO Craig Fuller.
- Stephen Dedola, chief operating officer of Dedola, will look at the impact of the U.S. trade war with China on freight with FreightWaves editor-at-large and Sirius XM host John Kingston.
- Matt Silver, CEO and co-founder of Forager Logistics, and Ty Findley, vice president,
- Pritzker Group Venture Capital, will explore how Chicago is emerging as an important hub of freight tech.
- Laura Ann Howell, chief operating officer of Reliance Partners, and Sarah Barnes-Humphrey of Let’s Talk Supply Chain, will discuss the strategic advantages of diversity.
- Rob Wiesenthal, CEO of Blade Urban Air, will talk mobility with Chris Thomas, president and co-founder of Detroit Mobility Lab.
- Wally Devereaux, managing director of cargo and charters at Southwest Airlines, will speak with Brandon Fried, executive director of the Airforwarders Association.
- Paige Wei-Cox, senior vice president and head of digital supply chain networks, SAP, tackles making the jump from vaporware to the real thing with Jett McCandless, CEO of project44.
- CNBC Senior Editor Lori Ann LaRocco speaks with FreightWaves editor-at-large and Sirius XM host John Kingston.
- Graham Parker, CEO of Kontainers, has a discussion with Brian Aoaeh, cofounder of REFASHIOND.
- Ryan Rogers, chief transformation officer of Covenant, delves into the Amazon effect with Matt Waller, dean of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas.
- Adam Robinson, vice president of marketing for Carasis, with Jenny Xu, CEO of Carggo will discuss practical freight tech (including AI) and its impact to 3PL industry.
- Michelle Halkerston, president and CEO of Hassett Express, talks with Dean Croke, chief insight officer of FreightWaves.
- Sune Stilling, Head of Growth, Maersk has a discussion with Mike Zayonc, founder of Plug and Play Tech Center’s supply chain and logistics program.
- Joel Clum, chief operating officer of Worldwide Express talks with John Engstrom, FreightWaves chief strategy officer.
- John Larkin, operating partner at Clarendon Group speaks with Scott Ausland, chief operating officer of Gulf Relay.
Check out the full schedule of FreightWaves LIVE Chicago events. Remember, there’s still time to register.