Navistar International Corp. (NYSE: NAV), is making a host of data-driven solutions standard for five years on new International brand on-highway trucks ordered beginning Dec. 15.
Intelligent Fleet Care, which Navistar calls the industry’s most comprehensive standard suite of connected vehicle solutions, could save owners of new International LT and RH Series and LoneStar models more than $12,000 over the five years. It combines the OnCommand Connection advanced remote diagnostics, the International 360 service communications and fleet management platform.
Intelligent Fleet Care adds performance and telematics data including:
- Fleet Health Monitoring, which delivers greater uptime by helping fleets avoid roadside breakdowns and derate events.
- Advanced Preventive Maintenance, which saves cost through preventive maintenance planning and fewer premature oil changes.
- Advanced Fuel Analytics, which helps fleets increase fuel efficiency through driver coaching.
- Tire Pressure Monitor Reporting, which enables fleet- and driver-level visibility to tire data.
- Over-the-Air Programming, which provides unlimited programmable parameter updates and enables vehicle software calibration updates while vehicles stay in service.
- Gateway Integrations, which enables Navistar’s factory-installed telematics device to access select third-party fleet management tools of the customer’s choosing, saving upfront hardware costs.
“We are committed to incorporating proactive and predictive maintenance tools into our daily operations to improve uptime and reduce costs,” said Tony Wahl, Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ: WERN) director of Equipment Purchasing. “Intelligent Fleet Care is already delivering results in these areas.”
Navistar claims to be the only manufacturer that provides a single-source view for all-makes fleets and integrates data from more than 28 telematics providers.