The August 2022 “State of the Industry Report” — presented in affiliation with Ryder — shares an in-depth overview across the trucking, maritime and intermodal markets, as well as what to expect in the coming weeks. The data contained within the report provides breakdowns of capacity, volumes and rates as we navigate the second half of the year.
In this report, you will find:
• The freight market has reacted more seasonally as volumes, rejection rates and spot rates end the month lower than where they started.
• Macroeconomic indicators are showing signs of slowing, as recessionary fears are increasing.
• Congestion at the ports has worsened, but ocean spot rates continue to decline rapidly.
• Intermodal demand remains strong, but service issues from the Class I railroads are hampering opportunities for even stronger growth.
• Contract rates are starting to roll over, a trend likely to continue through Q3 as there are limited events in the quarter to put any upward pressure back on rates.
Download the complimentary report today to access the full insights.