The ocean carrier has launched its Eagle GO Guaranteed product, which assures equipment and vessel space for customers on 20 of its Asia-North America services.
APL is guaranteeing its services on transpacific services.
Ocean carrier APL, a subsidiary of CMA CGM, has launched its Eagle GO Guaranteed product, which guarantees equipment and vessel space on APL’s North America services that call directly at Shanghai, Ningbo, Yantian and Cai Mep.
Eagle GO Guaranteed can be utilized on 20 APL US-bound services from the four Asian ports, including the Eagle Express (EX1), South China 1 (SC1) and Pendulum Loop 1 (PE1) services on the U.S. West coast, and the Pendulum Loop 2 (PE2) and China AW Loop 5 (AW5) on the U.S. East Coast.
According to ocean carrier capacity and schedule database BlueWater Reporting, four of the five services fall within the OCEAN Alliance network, with the EX1 solely operated by APL and Maersk Line purchasing slots. The port rotations for the five services are as below:
• SC1: Fuzhou, Nansha, Hong Kong, Yantian, Xiamen, Los Angeles, Oakland and Fuzhou;
• PE1: Hong Kong, Cai Mep (near Ho Chi Minh), Singapore, Port Kelang, Colombo, Halifax Nova Scotia, New York NY/NJ, Norfolk VA, Savannah GA, Charleston SC, Port Kelang, Singapore, Jakarta, Laem Chabang Thailand, Cai Mep (near Ho Chi Minh), Los Angeles CA, Oakland CA and Hong Kong;
• PE2: Singapore, Cai Mep, Hong Kong, Yantian, Ningbo, Shanghai, Prince Rupert BC, Vancouver BC, Yokohama, Qingdao, Ningbo, Shaghai, busan, New York NY/NJ, Boston MA, Norfolk VA, and Singapore;
• AW5: Hong Kong, Yantian Shenzhen, Ningbo, Shanghai, Colon, Panama, Norfolk VA, Savannah GA, Charleston SC and Hong Kong;
• EX1: Qingdao, Shanghai, Busan, Los Angeles, Oakland, Dutch Harbor, Yokohama, Busan, Naha, and Qingdao.
“APL’s Eagle GO Guaranteed seeks to address the concerns of equipment and vessel space shortages as the Trans-Pacific trading season goes full steam. It guarantees priority shipments on APL services, allowing shippers to optimally capitalize on the year-end holiday shopping season,“ said Jesper Stenbak, APL senior vice president of Trans-Pacific Trade.
The product includes APL-assured services EAGLE GET Guaranteed and Eagle REACH Guaranteed; all are backed by a money-back guarantee, the ocean carrier stated. APL’s Eagle GET Guaranteed (previously called Eagle Stow) assures an “expeditious discharge of cargo” – meaning shipments are discharged within 12 hours of commencement of vessel operations – on the EX1, SC1 and PE1 services at the Global Gateway South (GGS) terminal in Los Angeles.
APL’s Eagle REACH Guaranteed (previously called Eagle Guaranteed) assures “day-definite arrival of containers” on the EX1 service from the GGS terminal to rail yards in Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, El Paso, Kansas City and Memphis, APL said.
“Together with our EX1 service, this range of Eagle Guaranteed products further differentiates APL in the market place. This comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions is tailor-made for the different needs of our customers. We are confident that this premium product will offer shippers their desired predictability for a critical competitive advantage,” said Stenbak.