Avnet, Inc., has launched a new company that will provide a portfolio of aftermarket services to the technology supply chain. Called Avnet Integrated Resources, the new company will focus on delivering end-to-end services for electronics manufacturers, service providers, and corporations to manage the lifecycle of their technology investments.
Avnet built up its services through acquisitions centered around repairing, refurbishing, and properly disposing of electronics. The company said its new services include:
- Onsite technical field services
- Board-level repair and refurbishment of electronic products
- Extended warranty, spare part management and repair parts programs
- Logistics services behind the responsible disposition of electronic products at the end of service life
- Responsible recycling for recovery of base material value
- Service parts logistics, including warranty and spares pool management
Avnet said one reason it moved in to the space is because many products are outliving their manufacturer’s service life support while others like smartphones and tablets are being replaced frequently.
Avnet Integrated Resources is beginning life with more than 1.3 million-square-feet of operating facilities in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.