Blakey will take a behind-the-scenes role at the pro-freight group.
Leslie Blakey is stepping aside after 14 years as executive director of the Coalition for America’s Gateways and Trade Corridors so she can focus on other clients as well at Blakey & Agnew, a public relations and communications firm in Washington.
Replacing her in the day-to-day running of the organization is Elaine Nessle, who previously was director of operations and advocacy. Blakey will remain a board officer and continue to provide policy guidance, CAGTC said.
CAGTC is an umbrella organization of companies, governmental entities and trade associations focused on promoting freight infrastructure development and efficiency through public policy. It’s priority is passage of a new long-term surface transportation reauthorization bill with a freight chapter that establishes a dedicated trust fund for freight-related projects.
CAGTC membership also elected five new board members. Joining CAGTC’s board are:
- Paul Anderson, executive director, Port Tampa Bay;
- Gary Gallegos, executive director, San Diego Association of Governments;
- Lee Hutchins, director of freight logistics and planning, AECOM (engineering firm);
- Joseph Szabo, senior fellow, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning and past administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration; and
- Rachel Vandenberg, national director, ports and intermodal, Dewberry (engineering firm).