• DATVF.ATLPHL
    1.751
    -0.063
    -3.5%
  • DATVF.CHIATL
    2.041
    0.007
    0.3%
  • DATVF.DALLAX
    0.928
    0.007
    0.8%
  • DATVF.LAXDAL
    1.459
    -0.043
    -2.9%
  • DATVF.SEALAX
    0.984
    0.022
    2.3%
  • DATVF.PHLCHI
    1.110
    0.019
    1.7%
  • DATVF.LAXSEA
    2.155
    0.009
    0.4%
  • DATVF.VEU
    1.634
    -0.013
    -0.8%
  • DATVF.VNU
    1.466
    -0.005
    -0.3%
  • DATVF.VSU
    1.194
    -0.017
    -1.4%
  • DATVF.VWU
    1.569
    0.015
    1%
  • ITVI.USA
    9,394.010
    -295.340
    -3%
  • OTRI.USA
    7.540
    -0.110
    -1.4%
  • OTVI.USA
    9,375.560
    -302.450
    -3.1%
  • TLT.USA
    2.730
    0.000
    0%
  • WAIT.USA
    156.000
    -2.000
    -1.3%
  • DATVF.ATLPHL
    1.751
    -0.063
    -3.5%
  • DATVF.CHIATL
    2.041
    0.007
    0.3%
  • DATVF.DALLAX
    0.928
    0.007
    0.8%
  • DATVF.LAXDAL
    1.459
    -0.043
    -2.9%
  • DATVF.SEALAX
    0.984
    0.022
    2.3%
  • DATVF.PHLCHI
    1.110
    0.019
    1.7%
  • DATVF.LAXSEA
    2.155
    0.009
    0.4%
  • DATVF.VEU
    1.634
    -0.013
    -0.8%
  • DATVF.VNU
    1.466
    -0.005
    -0.3%
  • DATVF.VSU
    1.194
    -0.017
    -1.4%
  • DATVF.VWU
    1.569
    0.015
    1%
  • ITVI.USA
    9,394.010
    -295.340
    -3%
  • OTRI.USA
    7.540
    -0.110
    -1.4%
  • OTVI.USA
    9,375.560
    -302.450
    -3.1%
  • TLT.USA
    2.730
    0.000
    0%
  • WAIT.USA
    156.000
    -2.000
    -1.3%
American ShipperShipping

DB Schenker acquires U.K. trucking carrier

Schenker AG will purchase Redhead International and merge its operations with those of subsidiary DB Schenker Logistics in the United Kingdom.

   DB Schenker Logistics will acquire and merge its overland operations in the United Kingdom with trucking carrier Redhead International, according to a statement from the company.
   Parent company Schenker AG has agreed to purchase a 75 percent stake in the U.K.-based truckload, less-than-truckload and palletized freight services provider in early 2016, and the remaining 25 percent within four years.
   Financial terms of the deal, which is still subject to approval by the relevant regulatory authorities, were not disclosed.
   DB Schenker said it will merge the two companies in a reverse integration, and the remaining business will continue to operate as Redhead International under existing management. The combined organization will sport a fleet of over 300 vehicles operating from five regional depots across the U.K.
   “This acquisition underscores our strategy to strengthen and grow our pan-European network,” Ewald Kaiser, the board member for Land Transport of Schenker AG, said of the deal. “It improves our access to the U.K. market and the combined resources will facilitate our strategic growth aims.”

Show More
Close