Descartes Systems Group, a provider of logistics management software, has announced the general availability of its new cloud-based transportation management service.
The service suite includes transportation management capabilities to give companies control across their fleet and hiring operations as well as oversees carrier compliance and small package shipments.
Descartes’ Transportation Management’s advancements include:
- Common carrier and fleet selection with bi-directional planning.
- Fleet planning with support for more complex and street-level routes and decisions.
- Route plans through an integrated dispatch service that covers mobile, telematics, and tracking for deliver and driver management.
- Small package carrier selections with more than 100 package and less-than-truckload carriers.
- Shipping manifests for small packages and freight bills for all movements.
- Enhanced shipment visibility through electronic capture.
The company said its management suit is designed to operate on any system, since it uses the cloud and can fully integrate with its Global Logistics Network. — Geoff Whiting