FMC PROPOSES REVISED SERVICE FEES
The U.S. Federal Maritime Commission has proposed to revise its fees for services provided to the shipping industry.
The FMC has authority to administer and adjust its fees for its services according to the 1983 Independent Offices Appropriation Act.
The fees adjustments cover:
* Filing of petitions and complaints.
* Various public information services, such as record searches, document copying, and admissions to practice.
* Filing ocean transportation intermediary applications.
* Applications for special permission.
* Service contracts.
* Passenger vessel performance and casualty certificate applications.
A list of the actual fees is available on the Internet at http://www.fmc.gov/Dockets/02-05%20Proposed%20Rule.htm.
“These revised fees reflect current costs to the commission” and 'will not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities,” the FMC said.