You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts to never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
Coronavirus Freight Market Update
- Raises, losses and recruitment
- On the Coronavirus Freight Market Update, Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the economic impact COVID-19 is having on freight and the transportation industry. They cover the latest news and freight flows, backed by data-driven insights powered by SONAR.
- This episode features Marilyn Surber, Advisory Team at Tenstreet LLC; Alan Adler, reporter at FreightWaves; and Market Experts Andrew Cox, Zach Strickland and Anthony Smith.
- This is a live, interactive event. Viewers are encouraged to comment during broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon on FreightWaves’ Linkedin and Facebook channels.
- How COVID-19 is changing Uber’s focus
- This episode features William Driegert, co-founder and head of operations at Uber Freight; Lori Ann LaRocco, CNBC senior editor of guests, maritime trade columnist for FreightWaves and author of “Trade War Containers Don’t Lie,” as well as Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith, and Zach Strickland.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Home of the free, because of the brave
- Dooner and The Dude talk about broker margins coming in weak, Gartner’s Supply Chain Top 25, woeful auto cybersecurity and whether supply chains can cause allergies.
- This episode features Doug Potvin, chief financial officer, Trinity Logistics; Mark Vickers, CEO of Borderless Coverage; and Ken Sherman, vice president and general manager, IntelliTrans.
- Good News Bad News features e-scooters, Kohl’s, Target, fugitive smuggling and donkey reunions.
- Then we hear from you in Comment Section Rodeo.
- Comcar and Uber hit where it Hertz
- Dooner and The Dude talk about Comcar filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Are more carriers in trouble? Why Hertz’s bankruptcy will make the auto industry’s troubles go from bad to worse. Also, Uber cuts thousands of jobs and shuts down its self-driving truck program.
- This episode features Michael Leto, CEO at Emerge; Laurance Alarado, CEO and co-founder at WARECAP; and John Kingston, editor-at-large, FreightWaves.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market as we dive deeper into where rates and volumes are headed.
- And, Emily Szink has this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning freight volumes, new truck drivers, retail shutdowns, 5G hoaxes, video games and more.
FreightWaves LIVE @HOME
- Industry keynote with Paris Cole, CEO, Truckstop.com and Craig Fuller, founder and CEO, FreightWaves
- FreightWaves founder and CEO Craig Fuller and Truckstop.com CEO Paris Cole join forces for this keynote from FreightWaves LIVE @HOME to talk about Book It Now, investor funding and looking to the future at truckstop com. Also discussed are the partnership with FreightWaves, cybersecurity malware and more.
- Portfolio value from your 3PL; why assets really matter
- FreightWaves President George Abernathy interviews Werner CEO Derek Leathers during FreightWaves LIVE @HOME.
- Improving shipper and carrier relationships through technology from FreightWaves LIVE @HOME
- JP Hampstead, director of Passport Research at FreightWaves, interviews Lily Shen, president and CEO at Transfix, during FreightWaves LIVE @HOME.
Put That Coffee Down
- Are your freight sales teams ready to return to normal?
- Dooner and Hill talk about getting back to the day-to-day of sales and how to approach internal and external selling in the new normal.
- They’re joined by special guest Trent Broberg, COO at TruckStop.com.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- Our actions today affect our lives tomorrow
- Anthony and Zach discuss what to make of the recent recovery in volumes and what is happening today that may affect capacity later in the year, as well as recent economic developments.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Why do some companies flourish during a recession?
- Andrew and Kevin are joined by Ryan Schreiber from CarrierDirect to discuss the different strategies companies employ during a recession. They talk about the best ways to emerge from a downturn stronger than before. Then we chat Beyond Meat and Best Buy.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- Real-time, data-driven, pay-as-you-go insurance from FreightWaves LIVE @HOME
- In this special episode for FreightWaves LIVE @HOME, FreightWaves CEO Craig Fuller talks with Johnny McCord, CEO and founder of Loadsure, to discuss the benefits of real-time, data-driven, pay-as-you-go insurance and the company’s process of raising venture capital.
- A broker defends his industry
- Steve Moss is the general manager of DTS Logistics in Montana. He’s heard the fierce criticism drivers are leveling against the 3PL industry as rates fall, with a great deal of blame being placed at the feet of the brokerage sector.
- Moss reached out to FreightWaves to spell out his case for why this criticism is unfair, and we speak to him on Drilling Deep about his views of the complaints, based on 20 years in the business.
- We also look at something that seems incredible: The price of diesel at the pump has been amazingly steady in the midst of an otherwise volatile market. Host John Kingston talks about the role inventories are playing in that stability.
On The Spot
- Freight markets remain stable
- Zach Strickland and Kevin Hill discuss what’s been happening in the trucking sector over the past week. They talk about the tightening capacity in Los Angeles and Southern California, consumer spending, and auto sales.
FreightWaves Morning Minute