You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts to never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Deep space truckin’ with NASA SpaceX Demo-2 launch
- Dooner and The Dude talk about NASA’s first historic launch with SpaceX from American soil, what the FMCSA had to say about broker price gouging, boots getting the boot, and freight data powered by SONAR.
- This episode features Mark Wiese, manager, Deep Space Logistics, NASA; Trey Griggs, global director of sales at Hubtek; Chandler Magaan, founder and president at Next Exit Logistics; and Bryan Schreiber, manager of Air Cargo Business Development, Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
Midday Market Update
- Where does automotive go from here?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you. On this episode they’re joined by Jason Roberts, president at Avenger Logistics; John Godfrey, AVP Reconditioning Production Operations at Cox Automotive; and Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland. Viewers are encouraged to comment and call in during broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon on FreightWaves’ Linkedin and Facebook channels.
Put That Coffee Down
- Happiness and mental health’s role in freight sales
- Dooner and Hill talk about the thing we often neglect the most: ourselves. On this show they look at how happiness, anxiety and depression play into your sales process, career and life. They’re joined by special guest Stan Duncan, senior recruiter, Tallgrass Freight Co.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- Lessons learned in freight tech sales
- We reach into the Put That Coffee Down archives to bring you this bonus episode with Kurtis Tryber from Parade. Kurtis and Kevin sat down in the podcast booth in early March to discuss making the transition from freight brokerage sales to freight tech sales.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Could this be the proverbial nail in malls’ coffin?
- In Episode 30, Andrew and Kevin reunite with an original host and the creator of the show’s name, Seth Holm, to discuss the future of malls, brick-and-mortar and retail overall. Seth spent nearly 10 years covering consumer and retail stocks at an Atlanta-based hedge fund before joining the Freight Intel Group last April. Can malls reclaim their place as monuments of American consumerism, and should they even try?
- Toll collectors are handling a lot less money
- Tolls on bridges, tunnels and roads are plummeting in the wake of the pandemic. Pat Jones of the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association joins the Drilling Deep podcast to discuss the state of his organization’s members.
- Host John Kingston also will look at an aspect of the oil and gas business that could be good news for the trucking sector: Some activity may be coming back. It may not be a lot but for all the trucks sidelined in the oil patch, it might be a “green shoot.”
On The Spot
- Post-Memorial Day Volumes
- Zach Strickland and JP Hampstead discuss continuing volume growth after the Memorial Day weekend in this episode of On The Spot.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
- The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”