Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- How to get a deal on ‘Shark Tank’
- Dooner and The Dude talk about FreightWaves’ $37 million funding raise, how to pitch on “Shark Tank,” tips on talking to shippers, freight coaching and the viability of blockchain in transportation.
- This episode features Craig Fuller, CEO and founder of FreightWaves; Tom Burden, CEO and founder of Grypmat; Paul Stippich, traffic manager at TipTop Poultry; The Freight Coach Chris Jolly; and Bruno Silva, software engineer at BasicBlock.
- Rise of education in transportation
- Dooner and The Dude talk about the rise of education in transportation, driver safety, moving freight for films, second-quarter challenges due to COVID and race. They #PlayItForward with an original song and pregame before FreightWaves’ virtual event, the 3PL Summit.
- This episode features Mitch Luciano, president and CEO of Trailer Bridge; Brendan Dawson, founder and CEO of AccidentPlan; and Susan Soccolich and Matthew Camden of the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute.
- Plus, there’s a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market by diving deeper into where rates and volumes will be headed this week.
- And Emily Szink has this week’s “Big and Little Deals” concerning Nikola stock, whistleblowers, burnt cookies and more.
- 3PL Summit: Diversity, QuickPay and insurance
- As part of the FreightWaves 3PL Summit, Dooner and Michael Vincent welcome special guests Johnny McCord, CEO and founder of Loadsure; Hope White, CEO of H.D. White Logistics; and Haley Evans, VP of sales at TriumphPay.
- 3PL Summit: Power of partner ecosystems, network strategy
- On episode 200 of “WHAT THE TRUCK?!?” Dooner and Vincent welcome guests Josh Main, director of strategic alliances at Truckstop.com; Russ Felker, CTO at GlobalTranz; Prasad Gollapalli, CEO and founder of Trucker Tools; and Garrett Wolfe, vice president of product management at TriumphPay.
Midday Market Update
- Tesla gets bigger in Texas, earnings, Autonomous Freight Network
- Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Cheng Lu, president at TuSimple; Ken Sherman, president at IntelliTrans; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox and Anthony Smith.
- Viewers are encouraged to comment and call in during broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon EDT on FreightWaves, LinkedIn and Facebook channels.
Put That Coffee Down
- Selling value vs. price vs. product
- Dooner and Hill talk all about selling value versus product and price.
- This episode features Josh Asbury, vice president at HubTran.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- ‘The Real Wolf of Wall Street’ and Lean Staffing join Put That Coffee Down at 3PL Summit
- Dooner and Hill are LIVE from the FreightWaves 3PL Summit and they’re talking business with “The Real Wolf of Wall Street” Jordan Belfort, Lean Staffing CEO Robert Cadena and VP of Lean Sales Trey Griggs.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- FreightWaves 3PL Summit: Why you should be worried about freight markets
- Jason Miller, associate professor at the Michigan State University Eli Broad College of Business, paints a bearish picture.
- FreightWaves 3PL Summit: Reducing workforce costs with Hubtek’s TABi virtual assistant and Colombian nearshoring
- The digitalization of freight has logistics providers seeking automation and efficiency on a scale never before seen.
- Fighting nuclear verdicts by preparing for them now
- Keith Dunlap is the senior vice president in the transportation group at Gallagher Bassett, and one of his jobs is to head off nuclear verdicts before they hit the wallet and balance sheet of a trucking company.
- Gallagher Bassett is what is known as a third-party administrator, meaning Dunlap’s company handles the claims of thousands of carriers. It’s from that perspective that he advises companies on how to keep out of situations in which a nuclear verdict might ensue, what steps should be taken to prepare for them and how to avoid legal pitfalls that might lead to them. Dunlap speaks with Drilling Deep podcast host John Kingston about the approach his company takes in advising its clients.
- Also on this week’s podcast, Kingston, as always, gives his listeners the state of the oil market, which right now is as calm as a pond on a windless day. But he talks about one force that might drive prices higher – the U.S. dollar.
On The Spot
- Market continues to strengthen
- The freight market is soaring but is it sustainable? Zach Strickland and JP Hampstead discuss the current state of the spot market.
- FreightWaves 3PL Summit: Innovation drives J.B. Hunt 360 platform
- Adapting to customers’ and carriers’ needs through innovation is key to the continued growth of J.B. Hunt’s 360 digital freight marketplace platform.
- FreightWaves 3PL Summit: Crisis underscores wisdom of early tech investments
- Early preparations for possible natural disasters helped Trinity Logistics get ready to adapt to remote leadership changes forced by the coronavirus pandemic.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”