Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
WHAT THE TRUCK!?!
- RoboFreight: Rise of warehouse automation
- Dooner and The Dude talk about the rise of warehouse automation and why it’s a leading space for innovation, and how BCB Transport is helping drivers in the time of COVID. Also, a trucker shares a story of finding lost money at a rest stop, and we have an orchestral #PlayItForward.
- Plus, news on Amazon setting a new record for shipping costs, prosecutors pushing for prison time for a former Uber exec, and Swissport’s PPP problem.
- This episode features Vince Martinelli, head of product and marketing at RightHand Robotic; Rick Larkin, president at BCB Transport; Jake Semba, consulting summer analyst, CarrierDirect; and trucker Sharla Grimm.
- TQL struggles with worker safety while others issue new mask mandates
- Dooner and The Dude talk about companies going in different directions on COVID-19-related safety protocols, is it Christmas in July for truckers, the outlook for air freight, and logistics marketing tips.
- This episode features Blythe Brumleve, owner at Digital Dispatch; Bryan Schreiber, manager of air cargo business development at Columbus Regional Airport Authority; and Zachary Ramirez, director of sales and marketing at Ally Logistics.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market as we dive deeper into where rates and volumes will be headed this week.
- And, Emily Szink, with this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning trucker mental health, Freightliner recalls, border drug busts, Amazon coming to the Chattanooga area, Taylor Swift’s folklore, and more.
Midday Market Update
- August freight preview for trucking, bulk, ocean and air
- Michael Vincent and Zach Strickland talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Jared Flinn, operating partner at BulkLoads.com; Steve Ferreira, CEO at Ocean Audit; and FreightWaves Market Expert Anthony Smith.
- Analytics and insights as freight roars into August
- This episode features FreightWaves Market Experts Zach Strickland, Andrew Cox and Anthony Smith.
On The Spot
- Another record week of volume expansion
- Zach Strickland and JP Hampstead discuss the current state of the spot market.
Put That Coffee Down
- Wake up your social media selling with Morning Brew’s Toby Howell
- Dooner and Hill talk all about social media strategy, marketing, selling and brand building. Find out how our guest doubled Morning Brew’s twitter following in less than six months while creating a strong identity and voice for the company’s brand.
- This episode features Toby Howell, writer at Morning Brew.
- Howell offers excellent advice on how brands should engage and message on twitter for maximum impact. You can find his Twitter tips here.
- Over the hump?
- Zach and Anthony go over surprising trends that are popping up going into the second half of 2020, and the headwinds facing the economy.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Can Walmart double, and how big is the hydrogen stock bubble?
- Andrew and Kevin are again joined by Freight Intel Group member Seth Holm to present the case for Walmart doubling in size. Next, we discuss how big the hydrogen truck stock bubble is and debate which department stores are at the biggest risk of bankruptcy.
- As always, a special thanks to our friends at CarrierDirect for their research contributions.
- What invoices are telling us about the strength of the freight market
- Whenever there’s a transaction in the supply chain, there’s an invoice. And a lot of those invoices get processed by US Bank, which has long had a large amount of business in the trucking sector.
- The bank puts together a quarterly summary known as the U.S. Bank’s Freight Payment Index, and it’s a good barometer of the strength or weakness in the market. Bobby Holland, vice president and director of freight solutions at US Bank, will join Drilling Deep host John Kingston to talk about what the bank said about market conditions in the second quarter.
- John will also talk about the push to restrict the construction of new oil and gas pipelines in the U.S., why it’s mostly futile but is yet one more place for a competitive standoff between the trucking and rail industries.
FreightWaves Morning Minute