MARAD CONSOLIDATES SHIPBUILDING ACTIVITIES
The Maritime Administration has consolidated its primary shipbuilding
functions under a single manager, the Associate Administrator for
The changes will place MarAd’s naval architecture, marine engineering,
production costs, productivity improvement, financing guarantees and tax deferral ship
financing funds services under the authority of the new associate administrator, effective
Other changes include:
* Transfer functions of the Office of Ship Financing from the Associate
Administrator for Ship Financial Assistance and Cargo Preference to the new office.
* Merge the Office of Ship Construction with the Office of Shipyard
Revitalization into a new Office of Shipbuilding Technology, which will
also report to the new office.
* Rename the Office of Subsidy and Insurance the "Office of Insurance
and Shipping Analysis" to reflect its functions more accurately.
* Transfer the functions of the Office of Financial Approvals to the
Office of Costs and Rates, which will subsequently be known as the Office of Financial and
* Retitle the Associate Administrator for Ship Financial Assistance and Cargo
Preference to Associate Administrator for Shipping Analysis and Cargo Preference.