Maritime hall of fame honors six
The International Maritime Hall of Fame will hold a reception and dinner to honor six leaders in the shipping industry on May 9 at the United Nations in New York.
It is the 14th annual group of honorees recognized since the Maritime Association Port of New York and New Jersey founded the organization “to recognize maritime visionaries, who through excellence in their company, organization, or services, best exemplify the qualities of futuristic thinking that will guide the maritime industry in the 21st Century.”
The six honorees, who will be present at the event, are:
* J. Robert “Bobby” Bray, executive director emeritus, Virginia Port Authority.
* Angus R. Cooper II, chairman, Cooper/T.Smith.
* Nikolaos Efthymiou, president, Union of Greek Shipowners.
* Capt. James J. McNamara, president, National Cargo Bureau, Inc.
* J.W. Park, president and chief executive officer, Hanjin Shipping Co. Ltd.
* Alberto Aleman Zubieta, administrator, Panama Canal Authority.
For more information about attending contact Judy Rovins, coordinator for International Maritime Hall of Fame, by phone (800) 237-7203 or e-mail, email@example.com; or Ed Kelly, executive director, Maritime Association Port of New York and New Jersey, (212) 425-5704, or firstname.lastname@example.org.