Nine operators bid for Bayonne Military Ocean Terminal
The Bayonne Local Development Authority has received nine bids to operate the publicly owned, privately financed container terminal, on the site of the former Military Ocean Terminal in Bayonne, N.J.
The companies submitting proposals of interest are:
* ACTA Marine Development of Staten Island.
* Stevens Shipping Terminal, Savannah, Ga., a subsidiary of Marine Terminal Holding Corp. Holding Co.
* APM Terminals North America, a subsidiary of Maersk.
* CSX World Terminals, Charlotte, N.C.
* SSA Marine, Seattle, a partner with Mediterranean Shipping Co.
* Ceres Terminals, Weehawken, N.J., a subsidiary of NYK Lines.
* China Ocean Shipping Co., Secaucus, N.J. a partner with Maher Terminals.
* Trans Pacific Container Service Corp., Wilmington, Calif., a subsidiary of Mitsui OSK Lines.
* Hutchinson Port Holdings Ltd., Hong Kong.
The Bayonne Authority is expected to narrow the field in January and announce the winning contract in May.