Pacer shuffles executive upper deck
Concord-based 3PL and freight transportation provider Pacer International Inc. announced Friday a major organizational shuffle that the firm hopes will streamline operations, place tighter focus on its core intermodal business and increase cooperation across business units.
New appointments announced as part of the reorganization:
* Dan Beers has been promoted to chief commercial officer for Pacer's intermodal segment with responsibility for both Pacer Stacktrain and Pacer Global Logistics sales. He will continue to oversee the ocean carrier and Mexico business units as well as customer support for Pacer Stacktrain. Beers, who reports to Tom Shurstad, president of Pacer International, was formerly executive vice president of sales for Pacer Stacktrain. Prior to joining Pacer Stacktrain in November 2005, Beers was president of Swift Intermodal and senior vice president of Intermodal, Automotive and North American Carload Sales for the TFM Railroad in Mexico City.
* Jean Krafft has been promoted to vice president of sales at Pacer Global Logistics. Krafft was vice president of strategy and planning at Pacer Stacktrain. She has held a number of operational and commercial management positions at Pacer, a steamship line, and an intermodal marketing company. Krafft replaces Randy Strutz, formerly chief commercial officer for Pacer Global Logistics, who has left the company to pursue other interests.
* Derrel Chappell has been promoted to vice president of domestic, automotive and Mexico sales at Pacer Stacktrain. Chappell, who will continue to report to Beers, was vice president of automotive and Mexico sales at Pacer Stacktrain. Previously, Chappell held a number of management positions in regional sales in Atlanta and Chicago with Pacer and its predecessor companies. Prior to that, he spent 24 years at the Union Pacific Railroad in various sales management positions.
* Larry Savage has been named president of Pacer's highway and supply chain services group. Savage, who reports to Jeffrey Brashares, chief operating officer for Pacer’s logistics segment, will lead the firm's truck brokerage and supply chain services business operations. Savage joined Pacer after a decade with Eagle Global Logistics, where he held a number of positions including vice president of ground operations, and vice president of the company's select carrier group. Prior to Eagle Global Logistics, he spent 15 years with Roadway Express in a variety of operations and sales management capacities.
* Jim Ward has been named chief information officer for Pacer International and reports to Mike Uremovich, chairman and chief executive officer of Pacer International. Ward was acting CIO of Pacer International. Before joining Pacer in April, he held CIO positions at Inchcape Shipping Services, Norton Lilly International, and Clark Steel.
* David Hoppens has been promoted to the newly created position of vice president of corporate marketing for Pacer International. Hoppens will report jointly to Tom Shurstad, president of Pacer International, and Jeffrey Brashares, chief operating officer for Pacer’s logistics segment. Hoppens was vice president of marketing at Pacer Stacktrain. Before joining Pacer in 2002, he held sales and marketing management positions with iFLEET.net and CSX Intermodal.