• ITVI.USA
    16,014.360
    14.660
    0.1%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.799
    -0.006
    -0.2%
  • OTRI.USA
    22.430
    0.240
    1.1%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,995.600
    10.280
    0.1%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    2.930
    -0.020
    -0.7%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    3.620
    0.010
    0.3%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.330
    -0.040
    -2.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.570
    0.020
    0.6%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.390
    0.070
    3%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    4.130
    0.020
    0.5%
  • WAIT.USA
    127.000
    0.000
    0%
  • ITVI.USA
    16,014.360
    14.660
    0.1%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.799
    -0.006
    -0.2%
  • OTRI.USA
    22.430
    0.240
    1.1%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,995.600
    10.280
    0.1%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    2.930
    -0.020
    -0.7%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    3.620
    0.010
    0.3%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.330
    -0.040
    -2.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.570
    0.020
    0.6%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.390
    0.070
    3%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    4.130
    0.020
    0.5%
  • WAIT.USA
    127.000
    0.000
    0%
American Shipper

SCHENKER AND BITCC SET UP JOINT VENTURE IN BEIJING

SCHENKER AND BITCC SET UP JOINT VENTURE IN BEIJING

   Schenker, the transportation arm of the German group Stinnes, has set up a logistics joint venture with Beijing International Cooperation Center.

   Schenker BITCC Logistics (Beijing) Co. Ltd. will have a capital of $5.7 million, of which Schenker will hold a share of 70 percent and BITCC the remaining 30 percent.

   “The joint venture will receive an A license, which will allow it to handle international freight traffic — and that in an industry in which foreign investors are only very rarely granted access in China,” Stinnes said. The new joint venture is expected to become operational at the beginning of 2003.

   A “multifunctional” logistics center with a total floor space of 20,000 square meters will be built close to Beijing International Airport.

   “The logistics center in Beijing will be one of the most important hubs of our entire network,” said Dr. Bernd Malmstr'm, chief executive officer of Stinnes.

   Beijing International Cooperation Center's activities are focused on trade, education and strategic investments.

We are glad you’re enjoying the content

Sign up for a free FreightWaves account today for unlimited access to all of our latest content

By signing in for the first time, I give consent for FreightWaves to send me event updates and news. I can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. For more information please see our Privacy Policy.