Schenker names new management for enlarged U.K. unit
Schenker Ltd., the United Kingdom arm of global logistics and forwarding company Schenker, will have a new senior management team from the start of next year following the recently merged U.K. operations of Schenker and BAX Global.
Effective Jan. 1, Klaus Eberlin will serve as managing director of Schenker Ltd. and lead a team based in the former BAX Global corporate office in Heathrow.
The enlarged operation will employ nearly 1,000 people at 26 locations across the United Kingdom.
Other appointments to the senior management team include:
* Ruediger Muench, chief financial officer.
* Kevin McLean, product director, air freight.
* Glen Boyce, product director, ocean freight.
* Andy Connor, product director, land freight.
* Karen Truckel, operations director, southern region,
* Douglas Coull, operations director, northern region,
* Julie Heard, sales director.
Schenker’s parent company, Deutsche Bahn AG, the German rail and transportation services group, in February completed the $1.1 billion takeover of BAX Global from U.S. security firm The Brink’s Co.