TACA to reduce fuel surcharges
Trans-Atlantic Conference Agreement carriers will next month lower their bunker adjustment factor through at least Dec. 15.
Effective Nov. 16, TACA’s bunker rates for traffic to, from and via U.S. Atlantic and Gulf coasts ports will be:
* $395 per TEU (from $467).
* $790 per FEU or 45-foot container (from $933).
* Weight-measure adjustment of $40 (from $47).
Rates for traffic to, from and via U.S. Pacific Coast ports will be:
* $593 per TEU (from $700).
* $1,186 per FEU or 45-foot container (from $1,400).
* Weight-measure adjustment of $59 (from $70).
TACA’s currency adjustment factor will remain at 8 percent for the same period.
Conference members are Atlantic Container Line, Mediterranean Shipping Co., Maersk Line, NYK, and OOCL.