The May 2023 “State of the Industry Report” — presented in affiliation with Ryder — shares an in-depth overview across the trucking, maritime and intermodal markets, as well as what to expect in the coming weeks. The data contained within the report provides breakdowns of capacity, volumes and rates.
In this report, you will find:
- The truckload market continues to soften, though spot rates appear to be nearing a bottom
- The intermodal market had a sluggish start to April and pricing pressures threaten volume levels moving forward
- The ocean market has recovered from the Lunar New Year, but there are no signs of a surge in volume headed for the U.S.
- Macroeconomic challenges are aplenty, but the labor market appears strong but lending conditions continue to tighten
- Inventory levels remain in expansionary territory, but consumer spending habits are turning to necessities and away from discretionary spending.
Download the complimentary report today to access the full insights.