You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts to never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
Coronavirus Freight Market Update
- What’s next for warehousing after the pandemic?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the economic impact that COVID-19 is having on freight and the transportation industry. They cover the latest news and freight flows backed by data-driven insights powered by SONAR.
- This episode features Tom Curee, SVP, Strategy & Innovation, at Kingsgate Logistics LLC; Laurance O. Alvarado, co-founder and CEO at WARECAP; and Market Experts Andrew Cox, Zach Strickland and Anthony Smith.
- Viewers are encouraged to comment and call in during broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon on FreightWaves’ Linkedin, Facebook and YouTube channels.
- Is global trade in recovery mode?
- This episode features Dr. Jason Miller, tenured associate professor at Michigan State University – The Eli Broad College of Business; Steve Ferreira, founder and CEO, Ocean Audit; and FreightWaves Market Experts Zach Strickland, Anthony Smith and Andrew Cox.
FreightWaves LIVE @HOME
- Industry keynote with Shelley Simpson, EVP, CCO and president of Highway Services, J.B. Hunt
- Rewatch FreightWaves LIVE @HOME’s industry keynote with Shelley Simpson, executive vice president, chief commercial officer and president of Highway Services, J.B. Hunt, followed by a live Q&A with Emily Szink, EVP of Content, FreightWaves.
- Industry Keynote with Doug Waggoner, chairman and CEO, Echo Global Logistics, and Craig Fuller, founder and CEO, FreightWaves
- Industry Keynote with Doug Waggoner, chairman and CEO, Echo Global Logistics, and Craig Fuller, founder and CEO, FreightWaves, discussing the impact of COVID-19, the adoption of technology and the future of freight.
- Autonomous vehicle technology in the trucking industry
- Autonomous vehicle tech in the trucking industry: challenges it solves, technology, benefits and deployment. FreightWaves Director of Passport Research JP Hampstead interviews Vijaysai Patnaik, the Product Lead at Waymo, during FreightWaves LIVE @HOME.
- How shippers and carriers can future-proof their business
- JT Engstrom, chief strategy officer, FreightWaves, interviews Ricardo Salgado, founder and CEO of Loadsmart, during FreightWaves LIVE @HOME.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Alexa, is Amazon doing enough to protect supply chain workers?
- Dooner and The Dude talk about Amazon facing increased pressure to release coronavirus infection numbers after another warehouse employee died, HOS rule changes, and surprising consumer confidence numbers.
- This episode features Todd Fain, president, Recon Logistics; Carly Reeves, AVP, marketing, TriumphPay; Matthew Milewski, Connected Vehicle marketing director, Navistar; Ingrid Brown, owner-operator, Rollin’ B.
- Good News Bad News featuring PPP loans, Arkansas Mo, Pricing Power, Scooby Doo and McDonald’s.
- And, we hear from you in Comment Section Rodeo.
- Day 3 from FreightWaves LIVE @HOME
- Dooner and The Dude broadcast live from the set of FreightWaves LIVE @HOME and focus on technology, productivity and remote team collaboration. They chat with Lean Tech’s David Bell; Banyan’s Lance Healey; TriumphPay’s Derrick Dunker; Truckstop.com’s Stephen Bindbeutel; and FreightWaves’ Chris Henry.
- Plus bonus content of FreightWaves LIVE @HOME event wrapup and Best In Show (audio only).
- Is meat the new toilet paper?
- Dooner and The Dude talk about meat shortages causing supermarkets to institute rationing, trucking losing 88,000 jobs, and whether tightening in reefer markets will rub off on dry van?
- They’re joined by Trey Griggs, global director of sales at Hubtek, to talk about launching TABi at FreightWaves LIVE @HOME and about virtual networking.
- BasicBlock CEO and co-founder Taylor Monks talks about raising venture capital during a pandemic and the power of responsive payments.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market with Zach Strickand as we dive deeper into where rates and volumes will be headed this week.
- And we also discuss this week’s big and little deals concerning the job market, U.S./China trade deal, Motel 6 supporting truckers and NASA sending Tom Cruise into space.
Put That Coffee Down
- Do your sales reps know what they’re selling?
- Dooner and Hill are talking about getting on the same page. Are your sales reps presenting your product in the best possible light? Are you launching a product and want to make sure your team knows how to sell it? We’ll discuss aligning corporate and sales rep goals.
- This episode features Stephen Bindbeutel, director of Portfolio Strategy, Truckstop.com.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
Great Quarter, Guys
- Are Uber’s market share gains worth the burn?
- Andrew and Kevin discuss first-quarter earnings before FreightWaves Lead Economist Anthony Smith makes an appearance to chat about unemployment.
- As always, thanks to CarrierDirect for their research contributions.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- The impact of COVID-19 on the global supply chain
- Freightwaves Founder and CEO Craig Fuller discusses the impact of COVID-19 on the global supply chain with Will O’Donnell, managing partner of Prologis Ventures, from FreightWaves LIVE @Home.
- Perspectives throughout the Industry
- Zach and Anthony go over the latest economic trends within the freight industry and bring on special guest Zac Rogers to breakdown the Logistics Managers Index.
- The last mostly ‘normal’ quarter in trucking is in the books
- The numbers are in — earnings for the quarter have been reported by all the trucking and other freight-related companies for the three months that ended March 31. And what a quarter it was, finishing up in the middle of a radically changed scenario that nobody could have ever modeled for.
- John Kingston talks with Todd Fowler, the transportation equity analyst at KeyBank. Todd sat in on all the main earnings calls for the quarter — and followed up with the management of many of them after the calls — so he has a great deal of perspective on how companies fared and where they’re going for the rest of the year.
- John also talks about diesel prices, noting how oil prices are climbing in international markets but diesel at the pump isn’t. It’s a nice situation that many people didn’t think could happen … but it is.
On The Spot
- What’s the connection between consumer spending and the freight market?
- Zach Strickland and JP Hampstead discuss the latest changes in the freight spot market.
FreightWaves Morning Minute