• ITVI.USA
    15,496.720
    85.590
    0.6%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.743
    0.003
    0.1%
  • OTRI.USA
    21.110
    0.000
    0%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,466.390
    90.520
    0.6%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    3.300
    0.000
    0%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    3.140
    0.190
    6.4%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.590
    0.150
    10.4%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.330
    0.020
    0.6%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.170
    0.020
    0.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    4.080
    0.130
    3.3%
  • WAIT.USA
    125.000
    -1.000
    -0.8%
  • ITVI.USA
    15,496.720
    85.590
    0.6%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.743
    0.003
    0.1%
  • OTRI.USA
    21.110
    0.000
    0%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,466.390
    90.520
    0.6%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    3.300
    0.000
    0%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    3.140
    0.190
    6.4%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.590
    0.150
    10.4%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.330
    0.020
    0.6%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.170
    0.020
    0.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    4.080
    0.130
    3.3%
  • WAIT.USA
    125.000
    -1.000
    -0.8%
American ShipperShipping

Aramex, Australia Post team up on e-commerce JV

The new 60-40 joint venture between Dubai-based third-party logistics provider Aramex and Australia Post will be based in Singapore with a particular focus on connecting the Australian e-commerce market with sellers in Asia, the companies said.

   Dubai, United Arab Emirates-based third-party logistics provider Aramex is teaming up with Australia Post to form a joint venture (JV) aimed at capturing cross-border e-commerce shipment volumes, the companies said in a joint statement.
   Aramex will own a 60 percent stake in the Singapore-based JV, while Australia Post will own the remaining 40 percent.
   The new company will offer global parcel delivery with a particular focus on connecting the Australian e-commerce market with sellers in Asia.
   Under the agreement, the JV intends to acquire acquire StarTrack International, Australia Post’s global e-commerce postal solutions subsidiary, in an effort to increase capacity and build on existing business.
   In addition, Aramex said it plans to sell its MailCall Couriers subsidiary, based in Sydney, Australia, to Australia Post’s StarTrack Courier.
   Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
   “We are delighted to announce this joint venture with Australia Post, and we look forward to combining our resources and expertise to build a compelling global e-commerce delivery platform,” Aramex CEO Hussein Hachem said of the deal.
   “This alliance with Aramex will help us grow the Australian e-commerce market, capturing more inbound e-commerce parcel volumes and will provide a platform for outbound growth, particularly for Australian small businesses,” added Ahmed Fahour, MD and Group CEO of Australia Post.

We are glad you’re enjoying the content

Sign up for a free FreightWaves account today for unlimited access to all of our latest content

By signing in for the first time, I give consent for FreightWaves to send me event updates and news. I can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. For more information please see our Privacy Policy.