You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts and never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday livestreaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
Midday Market Update
- When will former TQL employees get their day in court?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the SONAR-powered data, issues and news that move you.
- This episode features Dean Matt Waller, Sam M. Walton College of Business; Aaron Terrazas, director of economic research at Convoy; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
- Could mini-bids redefine trucking contracts?
- This episode features John Flynn, CEO at Fleet Advantage; Daniel “Mr. Supply Chain” Stanton; and FreightWaves Market Experts Andrew Cox, Anthony Smith and Zach Strickland.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- How beer and fast food logistics work
- Dooner and The Dude are talking all about the logistics that drive companies like Anheuser-Busch InBev and CKE Restaurants (Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s). Plus, this week in freight markets, California’s first electric truck mandate and PPP loan Ponzi schemes.
- This episode features Angie Slaughter, VP, Sustainability, Logistics, SVC & Capabilities Procurement at Anheuser-Busch InBev, North America; and John Brewer, director of Distribution and Logistics at CKE Restaurants Inc.
- And, Good News Bad News concerning spilled meat, Amazon’s counterfeit solution and Segway.
- Scarface of the high seas
- Dooner and The Dude have a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market, take a dive into the latest Cass report, talk about trucking’s heroes and crack the case of the containerized cocaine.
- This episode features Scott Cornell, crime and transportation business lead and crime and theft specialist, Travelers Insurance; David Aschenbrand, director, business development, Eastern U.S., Lineage Logistics; and Greg Miller, senior editor, FreightWaves.
- And, Emily Szink has this week’s Big and Little Deals concerning FedEx’s $370 million loss, COVID-19 workers’ comp, PPP transparency, and whether owning a cat could hurt your chances at dating.
Put That Coffee Down
- Launching a new product or service for maximum market impact
- Dooner and Hill talk about preparing a product launch and go-to-market strategy.
- They’re joined by special guest Joel McGinley, managing director at Hubtek LLC.
- Also, what went wrong with Quibi?
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
- Planes, trains, ships and trucks: What each mode is telling us about the economic recovery
- Anthony and Zach talk to rail and intermodal expert Mike Baudendistel about some interesting signals from that sector as well as connecting the dots between modes.
Great Quarter, Guys
- Can the housing market lead the way to V-shaped recovery?
- Andrew and Kevin are joined by FreightWaves Lead Economist Anthony Smith to discuss whether the housing market can continue its recovery and lead us out of an economic slowdown. Then we give our thoughts on Zillow and Airbnb for the rest of the year.
- As always, a special thanks to our friends at CarrierDirect with their research contributions for this episode.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- Racial diversity in the freight and venture capital industries
- FreightWaves Founder and CEO Craig Fuller speaks with BLCK VC Founding Board Member Earnest Sweat about the need for racial diversity in the freight and venture capital industries.
- The LTL model adapts to the COVID-19 world
- The less-than-truckload (LTL) segment of the trucking sector is generally more stable than the truckload carriers it shares the road with. But that doesn’t mean it has faced the pandemic without major upheaval.
- Host John Kingston speaks with Brian Thompson, the chief commercial officer of SMC3. His company sets the base rates for LTL shipments and he has a special insight into how the sector is faring.
- LTL’s primary base of business from industry is being squeezed, but growing last-mile deliveries of all sorts of products are offsetting some of that financial pain. Thompson discusses it on this week’s podcast.
On The Spot
- Why are tender volumes expanding wildly?
- This On The Spot episode is with Zach Strickland and JP Hampstead, who dive into how tender rejections are increasing.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
- The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”