• ITVI.USA
    15,493.230
    -192.560
    -1.2%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.807
    -0.010
    -0.4%
  • OTRI.USA
    21.560
    -0.300
    -1.4%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,477.520
    -195.870
    -1.2%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    3.300
    -0.240
    -6.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    2.950
    -0.020
    -0.7%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.440
    0.000
    0%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.310
    0.060
    1.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.150
    0.020
    0.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    3.950
    -0.100
    -2.5%
  • WAIT.USA
    126.000
    1.000
    0.8%
  • ITVI.USA
    15,493.230
    -192.560
    -1.2%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.807
    -0.010
    -0.4%
  • OTRI.USA
    21.560
    -0.300
    -1.4%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,477.520
    -195.870
    -1.2%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    3.300
    -0.240
    -6.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    2.950
    -0.020
    -0.7%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.440
    0.000
    0%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.310
    0.060
    1.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.150
    0.020
    0.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    3.950
    -0.100
    -2.5%
  • WAIT.USA
    126.000
    1.000
    0.8%
American Shipper

Maersk to call at Mobile terminal

Maersk to call at Mobile terminal

Maersk’s Expreso service between the United States, Mexico, Central and South America will begin calling at the Mobile Container Terminal in Alabama later this month.

   Maersk said effective Jan. 29, its Expreso service will be enhanced with the addition of a fourth vessel and three new ports of call: Progreso, Mexico; Belize Port, Belize; and Mobile.

   Maersk affiliate APM terminals owns an 80 percent stake in the terminal. The other 20 percent is owned by CMA CGM, which began a service out of the terminal earlier this month. Zim Line also has a service calling at the terminal.

   Maersk said the Mobile call would provide faster inland moves from Mobile to Alabama and Tennessee than from other Gulf ports and that a scheduled arrival to Mobile on Thursday mornings would ensure cargo can leave the port for delivery before the weekend.

   The first Maersk vessel in the new service leaves from Mobile on Jan. 31.

   Rotation in the service, which visits many of the same ports on both its southbound and northbound legs is: Mobile, New Orleans, Houston, Progreso, Santo Tomas in Guatemala, Belize Port, Puerto Cortes in Honduras, Manzanillo in Panama, Cartegena and Barranquila in Colombia, Manzanillo, Puerto Limon in Costa Rica, Puerto Cortes, Santo Tomas and Mobile.

We are glad you’re enjoying the content

Sign up for a free FreightWaves account today for unlimited access to all of our latest content

By signing in for the first time, I give consent for FreightWaves to send me event updates and news. I can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. For more information please see our Privacy Policy.