• ITVI.USA
    15,379.620
    -113.610
    -0.7%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.786
    -0.021
    -0.7%
  • OTRI.USA
    21.500
    -0.060
    -0.3%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,349.750
    -127.770
    -0.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    3.300
    -0.240
    -6.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    2.950
    -0.020
    -0.7%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.440
    0.000
    0%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.310
    0.060
    1.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.150
    0.020
    0.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    3.950
    -0.100
    -2.5%
  • WAIT.USA
    126.000
    1.000
    0.8%
  • ITVI.USA
    15,379.620
    -113.610
    -0.7%
  • OTLT.USA
    2.786
    -0.021
    -0.7%
  • OTRI.USA
    21.500
    -0.060
    -0.3%
  • OTVI.USA
    15,349.750
    -127.770
    -0.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.ATLPHL
    3.300
    -0.240
    -6.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.CHIATL
    2.950
    -0.020
    -0.7%
  • TSTOPVRPM.DALLAX
    1.440
    0.000
    0%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXDAL
    3.310
    0.060
    1.8%
  • TSTOPVRPM.PHLCHI
    2.150
    0.020
    0.9%
  • TSTOPVRPM.LAXSEA
    3.950
    -0.100
    -2.5%
  • WAIT.USA
    126.000
    1.000
    0.8%
American Shipper

MOL BUYS OUT PARTNER IN SINGAPOREAN JOINT VENTURES

MOL BUYS OUT PARTNER IN SINGAPOREAN JOINT VENTURES

   Mitsui O.S.K. Lines has acquired the shares previously held by Singapore Shipping Corp. in two Singapore-based joint ventures — Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (Singapore) Pte Ltd. and M.O. Air International (Singapore) Pte Ltd.

   Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (Singapore) Pte Ltd., an agency company previously structured a 50-50 joint venture, will become a wholly owned subsidiary of MOL. MOL said that the equity restructuring is in line with its policy to fully own agency offices in key market sectors when allowed under local regulations.

   M.O. Air International (Singapore) Pte Ltd., a logistics firm formerly 51-percent owned by MOL Logistics (Japan) Co., Ltd. and 49-percent owned by Singapore Shipping, will similarly be restructured and become a wholly owned subsidiary of the MOL group.

   In addition, M.O. Air International (Singapore) will be renamed “MOL Logistics” and form part of the MOL's global logistics network.

   Conversely, Singapore Shipping will increase its equity in Cougar Holdings Pte Ltd., another logistics joint venture, from the current 50 percent to 65 percent, with MOL holding the remaining 35 percent.

We are glad you’re enjoying the content

Sign up for a free FreightWaves account today for unlimited access to all of our latest content

By signing in for the first time, I give consent for FreightWaves to send me event updates and news. I can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. For more information please see our Privacy Policy.