The Truckload Carriers Association’s Truckload Academy has unveiled the next generation of its Fleet Manager Certificate Program. Produced in partnership with CarriersEdge, the new program includes updated content and a new subscription model that allows unlimited participants in a company to complete the program for a fixed monthly fee.
Incorporating feedback from participants completing the original certificate, the new program features expanded interactive content covering a range of subjects critical to successful fleet management.
- Introduction and the Business Aspects;
- The Role of the Fleet Manager as a Leader;
- Leadership and Communication Skills;
- Development of the Fleet Manager and Operations Best Practices;
- Driver Performance: The Basics of Getting Top Performance from Drivers;
- Structured Coaching to Improve Performance;
- Applying Behavioral Knowledge to Driver Management; and
- [NEW!] Safety & Compliance
In addition to the updated content, the program’s new subscription model offers expanded access and simplified billing for fleets. Powered by the CarriersEdge learning management system, the new program offers subscribing fleets unlimited use for a fixed monthly fee of $299 for members, or $399 for non-members.
Early feedback on the updated program has been overwhelmingly positive.
“This program can be used by both new and experienced Fleet Managers to improve and/or introduce the fundamentals of this role,” shares Challenger Motor Freight, Inc.’s Vice President of Human Resources Geoff Topping, P. Log, CDS.
D.M. Bowman, Inc.’s President and Chief Executive Officer and TCA Officer Jim Ward agrees. “The program provides a great introduction to individuals entering the industry. It emphasizes the importance of communication with customers, driving associates and internal customers.”