The October 2022 “State of the Industry Report” — presented in affiliation with Ryder — shares an in-depth overview across the trucking, maritime and intermodal markets, as well as what to expect in the coming weeks. The data contained within the report provides breakdowns of capacity, volumes and rates as we enter into the fourth quarter.
In this report, you will find:
- Truckload market shows further signs of softening as rejection rates fall to the lowest level since May 2020
- The intermodal market saw volumes decline thanks to a potential rail strike, which could be a potential catalyst for the truckload market if the union fails to ratify the labor agreement.
- The ocean market continues to show weakness as import levels have declined at the largest port in the country and spot rates on the ocean drop faster than expected
- The macroeconomic environment poses a risk to peak season as the cost of debt rises as the Fed maintains a hawkish stance to combat inflation.
- Consumers continue to spend money, but how much will be left come the holiday season? Never doubt American consumers’ ability to spend.
Download the complimentary report today to access the full insights.