FreightWaves’ platform is comprised of products including websites, applications, events, APIs, media, and other tools, resources and information provided as part of FreightWaves services (our “Services”).
Use of Our Services
Personal Information includes any information that you voluntarily provide to us and that identifies you personally. It can include things like your contact information (name, e-mail, phone numbers, addresses, company name, title, and other information about yourself or your business.) Personal Information can also include things like information about your transactions (both free and paid for) as well as website usage and information that is available to us via third parties such as social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, etc.). Personal Information can also include location type information such as locational payment information, geographical location, navigational information, IP addresses, and similar type of data location. Payment information may also be collected if such is provided for purposes of subscribing to a service or paying for any Services. Personal Information does not include information that is anonymized or otherwise compiled in a manner that cannot otherwise be associated with you.
By using our Services you are voluntarily agreeing to provide this information to FreightWaves and you are agreeing that FreightWaves may store, process and review this information. FreightWaves may use this information for the purpose that the information is provided and collected and may store this information as long as is necessary to provide our Services.
When You Visit FreightWaves Websites or Use Our Mobile Applications
You may visit our websites without providing your Personal Information, however, when you register on our website, sign up for an event, subscribe, obtain a license to use certain services, or voluntarily complete any requests for information we may collect your Personal Information. We may collect data and conduct analytics based upon your usage of the website to allow us to manage our content, implement design changes, provide better user experiences, and for other purposes. We may also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the user experience on our mobile applications. This may include recording information about usage, performance, and download origination. Mobile applications may also collect your city location, device information (model, type, version, identifiers, software type, etc.), and credentials used on the device to access our application or website.
If you decide to sign up for special services that may be posted or linked to from time to time on our websites (e.g., e-mail registrations, discussion list sign-up, our blog, contact forms, event registrations, etc.), additional terms and conditions regarding the collection and usage of your information may apply as are disclosed at the point of collection of your information..
Information Posted on FreightWaves Forums, Websites, Channels, Events and Webinars
Anytime you post information on a forum, website, channel, event or webinar, that information is voluntarily posted and voluntarily made public whether via a user profile or otherwise and will become publicly available and viewable by others. We caution you to be aware of what information you post and at all times posts must comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the posting forum. FreightWaves disclaims responsibility and liability for any private information you post and make public. If any information is inadvertently posted that was not intended to be made public please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Collected Through Third Party Services
Ways Personal Information Is Shared With And How It Is Used By FreightWaves:
- Information You Publicly Post: Any information that you share in any profile (such as a bio, a picture, interest, etc.), and any posts you create in forums such as webinars, article comment sections, audio feed uploads, chat messages, questions and answers, polls,
- Information Others Share About You: We may receive information about you from other users or vendors. For example, comments on a file you send us, or a profile of you submitted to participate in an event. Information may also be shared about you from third parties via forums and in webinars.
- Payment Processing Information: We may ask you to provide us with payment information if you subscribe to a paid service or purchase a product from us. The collection of payment information such as banking and account information will be shared with our payment processors.
- Correspondence: We may correspond with you via email, chat feature, text message, letters, website, or other forms and methods of communicati To the extent such correspondence contains personally identifying information, such would be retained and used for the purposes of communication with you and to address inquiries or requests which are the subject matter of the communications.
The FreightWaves website uses clear gifs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphic images, in order: (i) to advise us of what parts of the website users have visited; (ii) to measure the effectiveness of any searches users perform; (iii) to track how visitors use the site to target ads to them on other websites; and (iv) to enable us to send emails in a format that users can read and tell us whether such emails have been opened in order to ensure us that we are sending messages that are of interest to users.
- Server Log Information: We use server log information to monitor and analyze use of the website and for technical administration of the website, to increase the functionality and user-friendliness of the website, and to better tailor it to the needs of users.
- Aggregated Information: We may aggregate information we collect about you with information collected from other users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the website, and to analyze and understand how the website is used. We may also contract with trusted third parties for these purposes.
Advertising Partners’ Use of Personal Information
For more information about our ad partners’ technologies, how they use the information collected by their technologies, and what options may be available to you, please visit our ad partners’ websites and review their privacy policies. Additional options, from participating companies and organizations, may be made available to you by visiting the DAA’s opt-out page, the EDAA’s country-specific opt-out pages, Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page, NAI Opt-Out Page and the Choices Opt-Out Page.
Webinar Hosts and Events
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some browsers may be configured to send Do Not Track signals to websites or users may use similar mechanisms to indicate a user’s preference that certain web technologies not be used to track the user’s online activity. Our website does not accept or process Do Not Track signals or similar mechanisms.
How We Protect Your Information
The privacy and protection of your Personal Information are vitally important to us. Any statistics regarding your FreightWaves website usage that may be reviewed by our management or staff or shared with prospective or existing partners are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information, unless we have stated otherwise at the point of collection of your Personal Information. When products or services are purchased on the FreightWaves site through the use of a credit card, individual payment information is processed via a secure, third-party server, as noted above, and is not otherwise disclosed outside of FreightWaves.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Accordingly, despite the safeguards in place to protect your Personal Information, FreightWaves cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us with respect to our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your Personal Information, we will undertake commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Please note that if you use any bulletin board, chat room, blog, comment posting feature, or other public communication service, forum, or feature offered through the website, or post any information available for viewing by other users, any of the information that you share will be visible to other users. The information that you make available can be read, used, and collected by other users to send you unsolicited messages outside of the website. FreightWaves is not responsible for the manner in which any information that you decide to share in this context will be used by other users.
To help protect privacy and the security of your information, you may be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity and/or ownership rights prior to our exercising any applicable data rights. If we are unable to verify your identity or ownership rights to the data, we may not be able to provide you with data rights until you are able to provide us with proper documents.
Who Has Access to Your Information
Our policy is not to share user information, including personal information, we collect with third parties other than as specified below, or unless a user expressly consents to our sharing of certain information with a third party. We may share user information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Occasionally we make our mailing list available for purchase to select partners — those parties together with whom we offer certain of our products and services — for the distribution of informational material. These partners have been screened by FreightWaves for relevancy and are granted use of the addresses. You have the ability to opt out of this use of our mailing list at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
How Long Your Information May Be Retained
We do not store your credit card information beyond the time required to process your payment for a product or service, but we may keep other user information on file indefinitely. Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information, we retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention requirements and provide you with services and the benefits of the FreightWaves website and platform and to successfully run our business. However, even if you request a deletion, we may be required to maintain your information for as long as necessary to:
- comply with our legal or regulatory compliance needs (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us);
- to exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and/or
- to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
This means we may keep different information for different periods. If your account is canceled because you have not used it in a long time, we may delete this information right away.
There may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete, anonymize, or de-identify your information due to technical, legal, regulatory compliance or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete, anonymize, or de-identify it.
How to Correct Inaccuracies and How to Notify Us of Improper Sharing of Information
If you purchase a FreightWaves service or product online, we may send you a confirmation email confirming your new account, product and/or service. The message will be sent to the address that you supplied to us and will describe ways for you to correct, or otherwise change or delete, the account information you provided.
How to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
You may request for us to delete your personal information by visiting your account settings or, if such service is unavailable to your account, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at FreightWaves, Inc., Attn.: Privacy, 405 Cherry Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402. Please note that deletion requests may result in the inability to proceed with your intended interactions or transactions with FreightWaves, Inc. or otherwise receive the full benefit of products and services.
How to Withdraw Consent
Withdrawing your consent for integral purposes. You may withdraw your consent for purposes that are integral to the provision of our products and services, but then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interactions or transactions with FreightWaves, Inc., or otherwise receive the full benefit of FreightWaves, Inc.’s products and services.
Withdrawing your consent for additional purposes. You may also withdraw your consent for purposes that are not integral to the provision of our products and services. Withdrawing your consent for additional purposes that are not integral to the provision of our products and services will not impact the provision of our products and services to you. Those additional purposes include:
- to communicate with you for the purposes of providing you with advertising and marketing messages pertaining to additional products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to administer and facilitate your participation in promotions related to FreightWaves, Inc. events and products; and
- to conduct surveys on the quality of our products and services.
Withdrawing your consent to email communications.
We may, on occasion, send email to you about FreightWaves products or services, and third-party products or services. If you do not want to receive email from us, visit the “Opt-Out” or “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such email to remove yourself from continued receipt of such email messages.
To withdraw your consent, you may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or by mail at FreightWaves, Inc., Attn.: Privacy, 405 Cherry Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402.
State Specific Rights
If you are a Vermont resident, you may have the following rights:
FreightWaves, Inc., will not share your non-public personal information with unaffiliated third parties unless you authorize us to make those disclosures without your consent, other than as permitted by law.
If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights:
- Access: You may have the right to access:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you,
- the sources from which that information was collected,
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information,
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you,
- the categories of Personal Information we sold about you ,
- the categories of third parties to whom we sold Personal Information about you, and
- the categories of Personal Information we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Deletion: You may have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that we delete the Personal Information you have provided to us.
- Non-discrimination: You have the right to be free from discrimination related to your exercise of any of your California privacy rights.
- Verification: In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a rights request. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect that your account has suffered fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information for verification.
- Authorized agents: You may use an authorized agent to submit a rights request. If you do so, the authorized agent must present signed written authorization to act on your behalf, and you will also be required to independently verify your own identity directly with us and confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the rights request. This verification process is not necessary if your authorized agent provides documentation reflecting that the authorized agent has power of attorney to act on your behalf under Cal. Prob. Code §§ 4121 to 4130.
- Right to Know: You have the right to know the categories of Personal Information, categories of sources, and/or categories of third parties related to the processing of your Personal Information.
- What you can do to manage your privacy: You have choices when it comes to managing the privacy of your Personal Information, those are set out herein.
- Privacy Settings, Opt Outs, and Marketing: You may update your privacy settings by visiting your account settings and opting out of and unsubscribing to certain services.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies: You may be able to opt-out of interest based advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page, NAI Opt-Out Pageand the Choices Opt-Out Page.
- Your Right to Limit Information Sharing: You have the right to limit our sharing of your information to both affiliates and third-parties for marketing purposes by opting out of services and unsubscribing.
Please note that we may claim legal exemptions for certain types of Personal Information from all or certain parts of the CCPA pursuant to various CCPA exemptions.
405 Cherry Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402