As a registered attendee or participant (“you“) in an event (the “Event“) sponsored by FreightWaves, Inc. or a subsidiary of FreightWaves (“FreightWaves”), you agree to these terms and conditions (collectively, the “Agreement“). If you are completing the registration on behalf of another individual or entity, you warrant that you have made the attendee or participant aware of this Agreement and that such party has accepted these terms and conditions.
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you only to admittance to the Event. All other
costs associated with your attendance (e.g., travel and accommodation expenses) shall
be borne solely by you, and FreightWaves shall have no liability for such costs.
- Use of Likeness. By attending the Event you grant FreightWaves the right at the Event to
record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute,
broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further
approval from or any payment to you.
- Event Content. FreightWaves, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and
all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content,
program, speakers, moderators, venue and time.
- Identification. At time of check in, you must provide a form of photo identification.
- Attendee Badge Usage. Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Event areas.
- Visa Requirements. It is solely your responsibility to comply with any government visa
requirements and failure to do so does not constitute a basis for a refund.
- Limitations on Use. By registering, you agree not to share, transfer, sell or trade your
badge. If you violate this policy, FreightWaves may cancel your attendance and retain
- Photography, Recording, and Videotaping. You may not record audio or video of
sessions at the Event. FreightWaves allows cameras on the Event floor. You may take
pictures within the show for purposes of company or annual reports, company media
pieces, marketing materials, etc.
- Denial of Admission. FreightWaves reserves the right to deny admission to anyone for
- Payment. Applicable fees are due upon registration. If payment is insufficient or
declined for any reason, FreightWaves may refuse to admit you and shall have no
- Taxes. Fees may be subject sales tax, value added tax, or other taxes and duties, which,
if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- No Retroactive Fees Adjustments. Once you have registered, your fees will not be
adjusted downward based on any sponsorship, discount or any other reason.
- Discount and Special Rates. There are no special rates for daily attendance, expo hall
only attendance, etc.; only full Event passes are available. If you register using a special
rate that is not applicable to you, you hereby give FreightWaves the right to charge your
card for the difference upon notice that FreightWaves does not agree with your
selection of a special rate. All determinations of special rates are in the sole discretion of
FreightWaves. Even if you meet the definition and requirements of a special rate,
FreightWaves reserves the right to not provide you any special rate.
- Discount Codes. No discount codes will be honored for onsite attendance. Discount
codes may not be used with certain promotions.
Cancellation, Substitution and Lost Badge Policy
- Attendee Fees are Nonrefundable. FreightWaves does not refund fees.
- No Carry Over Fees. There will be no carry over of registrations or fees to subsequent
- No Subsequent Speaker Refunds. Paid attendees that later join as speakers are not
entitled to a refund of attendee fees paid.
- Badge Issuance. Once you have received your badge on site, it cannot be changed,
substituted or reissued to a different person.
- No Conversion to Sponsor Pass. Registered attendees cannot convert their passes to
complimentary sponsor passes.
- Rights. All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content, and all
materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by FreightWaves or
the Event sponsors or speakers at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow
anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (including without limitation
“FreightWaves”) or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the
prior written permission of FreightWaves.
- No Conveyance of Rights. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be
deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other
intellectual property rights owned or used under license by FreightWaves; nor does this
Agreement grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of
FreightWaves, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
- Warranty Disclaimers. FreightWaves gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the
Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent
possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties,
including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy,
timeliness, and merchantability. The Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. FreightWaves
does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any
aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- Damage Exclusions. Except as required by law, FreightWaves shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising
directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection
with this Agreement.
- Maximum Liability. The maximum aggregate liability of FreightWaves for any claim in
any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in
contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to
the amount paid by you to FreightWaves under this Agreement for admission to the
- Waivers. FreightWaves’ failure to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of any
- Force Majeure. FreightWaves shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations
where such failure results from any cause beyond FreightWaves’ reasonable control.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid,
that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary for this
Agreement to otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- Assignability. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you
except with FreightWaves’ prior written consent.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of
Tennessee and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and
State courts located in the State of Tennessee.
- Attorneys Fees. A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this
Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys’ fees and
- Complete Agreement; Modifications. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the
complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and
supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and
other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all
modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided
- Nature of Relationship. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created
as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority
of any kind to bind FreightWaves in any respect whatsoever.